FT Survival - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > FT Survival

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2009, 05:23 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9 Times on 3 Posts

I haven't seen any responses about community organizers. Maybe I can do that. First, elect me chief. Second, let me eat my waffle. Third, don't criticize me. Fourth, let me spend your money....

9x18=Makarov

Old 02-07-2009, 08:38 PM   #42

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnthmn2004 View Post
JD, hows the manual coming along?
Uh, it's a work in progress...

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNabb11b View Post
JD, If you acquire some armor you could keep me in mind when looking for crew. Before I turned in an application for active duty I was a gunner on a Bradley. Before that I was a driver. I also have some experience with open bolt automatic weapons. IE SAWs and 240s.
Duly Noted - that is a category that I have NO experience with ( heavy armor )...

JD

Old 02-07-2009, 10:45 PM   #43

Liked 13 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 58

Well I know I am way down south, but you just never know where the SHTF is going to happen. I have two houses and 77 acers down here in Texas, can easily put up 12 in beds, the rest will have to find a piece of floor, but you are all welcome if need be. I too have some time with a 249 and a 240, so we can double up on that. Hell I may have to make a run up to you guys if it gets too bad down here. So far I only have one friend that has ever talked about this seneriao, and he mentioned he would pack everything important( guns, ammo, food, maybe his wife) and haul a$$ out to my place. JD, lets just hope it nevers comes to this, but if it does, i think there are quite a few of us that are ready for it.

SGT U.S. Army Special Operations Command, Ft. Bragg, NC (2002-2006)
Operation Iraqi Freedom Veteran (2004)

"Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is the well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Old 02-07-2009, 10:55 PM   #44

truevil is BACK!! Missed your contributions brother!

I got you penciled in for part of my Sniper Overwhelm Team. We travel light, we hit hard, in a group, and then we fade into the shadows. Concentrated fire from seveal sources, by guys with great accuracy, hitting multiple high value targets almost simultaneously - and then disappear before the smoke clears.

Got the idea after reading about the German Sniper Wolf Pack in The One Shot Brotherhood by Chandler Bros. Ruthlessly effective and resulted in more carnage than whole german units equipped with armor.

JD

Old 02-07-2009, 11:03 PM   #45

Liked 13 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 58

JD I check in everyday and read a lot, I just dont always post. Thanks for the job, that sounds like an incredibly effective way to cause carnage.
I will have to check out that book.

SGT U.S. Army Special Operations Command, Ft. Bragg, NC (2002-2006)
Operation Iraqi Freedom Veteran (2004)

"Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is the well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Old 02-07-2009, 11:36 PM   #46

It's not cheap, the Chandler Brother's love their own work, but The One Shot Brotherhood is an amazing history of sniping. Some really great stories and some great ideas for modern implementation of age old tactics if you read and think.

HIGHLY RECOMMEND from the JD Library...

Also, Death From Afar: True Stories of Military Snipers by Iron Brigade Armory ( The Chandlers ) is a great series. Last I checked there was 5 editions and I have all five. Great true stories of snipers in military action.

JD

Old 02-16-2009, 12:43 AM   #47

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kill-Zone View Post
computer's can be torn apart by the enemy and they will know of all your plan's..... if the SHTF blow up that monitor.... especially the hard drive....
You do realize no information is actually stored in the monitor, right?

If SHTF and youve got sensitive information on hard drives, I suggest you keep those hard drives with you. If you leave it, its only a matter of time before they get the info off of it.

Did you know when the Columbia was destroyed that they were able to retrieve information from its hard drives? Thats right, not even the heat from re-entry kept NASA (ie Big Brother) from getting information off of a hard drive.

Where there's a will there's a way....

*disclaimer* I'm a bit of a computer junkie....

Old 02-16-2009, 12:49 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kill-Zone View Post
Ya''ll are giving out a lot of information didnt ya learn anything while ya was in the Military.... computer's can be torn apart by the enemy and they will know of all your plan's..... if the SHTF blow up that monitor.... especially the hard drive.... ya all got some great idea's... look's like ya got the lower eastern seaboard cover'd... there is a bunch up here too N.E. of you all... but no info being let out just yet. were all or mostly X-military and some still active.... Stay Frosty ya all....
Step into my parlor, said the Sniper to the Fly....

Quote:
Originally Posted by falseharmonix View Post
You do realize no information is actually stored in the monitor, right?

If SHTF and youve got sensitive information on hard drives, I suggest you keep those hard drives with you.

*disclaimer* I'm a bit of a computer junkie....
Good info - and knowing that you are effective in the cyber division will definitely earn you a spot inside the lines. We always need people who can extract info and get us more access to intel...

JD*

*( NOT to be confused with John Connor )

Old 02-16-2009, 01:02 AM   #49

Close enough vaporize the whole thing ! AS FAR AS BEING INSIDE THE LINES whats wrong with where we are ? dont want to many DUCK'S in one pond....

Old 02-16-2009, 12:56 PM   #50

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post

JD*

*( NOT to be confused with John Connor )
John Connor didn't think he was anything special or the one to save the world either. You're playing the part perfectly.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!