Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > FT Survival

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2009, 02:01 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Harmonix- no sweat. Just look for camo netting covering the AH-1 S that some fool left unattended.

Bet he is STILL trying to explain THAT!
man oh mah I'd love to fly one of them....its a shame I wont get the chance to fly an Apache, though I would have gladly settled on a Blackhawk...

Now just gotta get me a job with butt-loads of income for all the guns and gear I want. Think Obamageddon will hold out until then?

Old 02-05-2009, 01:01 PM   #32
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8392 Times on 3630 Posts
Likes Given: 1291

How long before the wheels fall off? Danged if I know- crystal ball is still in the calibration shop. I try to plan and act so that I have choices in several scenarios. Commercial aviation will be around, but what shape it will be in- well, who knows? The old joke is the difference between a first officer and a large pizza- a large pizza can feed a family of 4.

My personal take on politics? Honeymoon is gonna last a little while longer. And then there is going to be a LARGE BFO event ( Blinding Flash of the Obvious) and the puppetmasters pulling the strings on that empty suit are going to be desperate to remain in power. When that happens, will be time to be in hull defilade.

Jimmy Carter is probably grinning big time- finally someone that can make him look good by comparison!

Old 02-05-2009, 01:23 PM   #33

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

I plan on going with my father in his Piper Aztec for transportation. Thats what my job will be JD. Transportation. Piper Aztec - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Maximum cargo weight is 2,000 lbs. Thats a lot of crap.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Old 02-05-2009, 01:28 PM   #34

Liked 39 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Default Nice!

This is a really good and smart idea!
Make gathering points, then migrate to a pre-established hideaway... make a reliable communication sytem between the hideaways (via Ham Radio) and support eachother. The main problem would be find hideaways apropiate for large groups, think that large groups require special needs like several bathrooms, a kitchen large enough for make meals to everybody... and stuff like that.
But it's really a good idea.

“You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that, my dear friend, is the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Dr. Adrian Rogers”

TELL CHAVEZ NOW! CLICK HERE

Old 02-06-2009, 02:09 AM   #35

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnthmn2004 View Post
I plan on going with my father in his Piper Aztec for transportation. Thats what my job will be JD. Transportation. Piper Aztec - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Maximum cargo weight is 2,000 lbs. Thats a lot of crap.
My dad had a Piper Cherokee Cub for years. He sold it when the 'rents decided to split. He's since passed, and man I miss going up in that thing.

First time I flew was when I was 3 months old. I obviously don't remember it, but mom and dad both said I pushed my nose up to the window and watched outside the whole ride...ever see a lightning storm at night from above the cloud cover? Most breathtaking view ever, if you're into storms....

Old 02-06-2009, 02:21 AM   #36

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by falseharmonix View Post
My dad had a Piper Cherokee Cub for years. He sold it when the 'rents decided to split. He's since passed, and man I miss going up in that thing.

First time I flew was when I was 3 months old. I obviously don't remember it, but mom and dad both said I pushed my nose up to the window and watched outside the whole ride...ever see a lightning storm at night from above the cloud cover? Most breathtaking view ever, if you're into storms....
I know EXACTLY what your talkin about. I was flying before I was born. The best flying is definitely at night, lightning storm or not.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Old 02-06-2009, 02:28 AM   #37

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

St. Elmo's fire is always a sight to be witnessed.

One of my best flights was when I was being flown into Iraq, and I got to see the lights of Baghdad at night (and a few tracers...not at us, BTW).

Flying out of country, I got to witness St. Elmo's fire on the windscreen of the C-17 I was in.

Old 02-06-2009, 03:18 AM   #38
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8392 Times on 3630 Posts
Likes Given: 1291

The night of one year's Leonid Meteor shower, had a (commercial) flight from Boston to VA. Flight departed Logan at 11:45 PM. Was sitting in a window seat on the Port side of aircraft. MAN- what a show! Have looked down into thunderstorms, seen St. Elmo's crawl across the windscreen, and seen the Aurora from the air- but the meteors that night from 39,000........

Old 02-06-2009, 11:35 AM   #39

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

JD, hows the manual coming along?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Old 02-07-2009, 02:23 AM   #40

JD, If you acquire some armor you could keep me in mind when looking for crew. Before I turned in an application for active duty I was a gunner on a Bradley. Before that I was a driver. I also have some experience with open bolt automatic weapons. IE SAWs and 240s.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud in "General Introduction to Psychoanalysis"

"My dear boy, I love hearing my relations abused. It is the only thing that makes me put up with them at all. Relations are simply a tedious pack of people, who haven’t got the remotest knowledge of how to live, nor the smallest instinct about when to die."