FT Survival - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > FT Survival

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2009, 11:06 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

The Zombie Survival Guide is a book I've been meaning to pick up. Does it give good ideas of survival in a general SHTF situation or just against zombies?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Old 02-03-2009, 12:27 PM   #12

I've read the Zombie Survival Guide and it's more of a fictional account interspersed with some true surivival techniques -- nothing to base your own survival on. However, it is a great read, and I think there is a movie coming out soon.

And truly the thing to consider if looking to form a self-protection group is how to handle decision-making that affects the group at large. It gets interesting real quick when well-armed, well-trained folks start taking sides.

Old 02-03-2009, 12:33 PM   #13

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

I think most of us would TRY to listen to JD when hes on his podium, he seems to know his sh1t. Canebrake would probably taunt him with spitballs.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Old 02-03-2009, 01:36 PM   #14

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnthmn2004 View Post
I think most of us would TRY to listen to JD when hes on his podium, he seems to know his sh1t. Canebrake would probably taunt him with spitballs.
Let's not get carried away here. In the event of a true world altering event and several of us meet up - I am still going to defer a lot of podium time to members of the formerly military and formerly LEO's.

JD has had the fortune of spending a lot of time around a couple of former operators and some really good current and former LEO's. I am definitely not the next John Connor though, I can assure you of that...LOL

Thanks for the vote of confidence though dnthmn - and good call on Cane, he would definitely be the class disruption.

But, there will be plenty of weapons, ammo, and basic necessities around our little patch of "Formerly Free Earth" should the worse arise - just show your FirearmsTalk avatar at the 800m checkpoint and kindly remove anything of interest from the log pile of dead zombies.

JD

Old 02-03-2009, 01:38 PM   #15

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
The Zombie Survival Guide is a book I've been meaning to pick up. Does it give good ideas of survival in a general SHTF situation or just against zombies?
It's a good combination between real world survival techniques, some paranoia, some comedy and some good fictional reading. It does tout some good basic points - but it is a work of fiction with facts strewed in between the pages.

It's not the ideal survival manual by any means, but you will probably gleam a couple of nuggets of wisdom from within the pages, and for me, if I can get a little information from a lot of sources, I consider that a good thing.

JD

Old 02-03-2009, 04:51 PM   #16

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
As JD has already stated, its a work of fiction. It does have some (IMO) good points for survival in a SHTF situation...alternative weapons, good items to have in your bug-bag, etc. But, mostly just written for entertainment.

But, back to the matter at hand....does anyone have a good place for meeting? I'd offer my house, but I'm 30 minutes from downtown St. Louis in a well populated suburb. Not my idea of a perfect place to hold down the fort.

As a side-note, STL has Lambert airport, Boeing, and Scott AFB....I consider the combination of the three to be somewhere higher on a possible 'hit-list' of terrorist activities...

oh, and Budweiser....nothing like European beer.....Well, American-Made beer now owned by a European company...I'm a little more than upset by this merger....

Last edited by falseharmonix; 02-03-2009 at 07:05 PM. Reason: forgot a few pieces

Old 02-03-2009, 11:48 PM   #17

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 19

Actually, I bought my version of THE ZOMBIE SURVIVAL GUIDE off of ITUNES. Never have any real time to read anymore so I let someone else read it to me.

And Falseharmonix a 9mm will definitely put down a zombie with a headshot. So don't fret brother.

"Tolerance is the Virtue of a man without Convictions" G. K. Chesterton

ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε

Considering the fact that the victim is the first one at the scene of a violent crime, I believe all law abiding citizens should be armed.

"Fast is fine, Accurate is final." - Wyatt Earp

Old 02-03-2009, 11:55 PM   #18

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Let's not get carried away here. In the event of a true world altering event and several of us meet up - I am still going to defer a lot of podium time to members of the formerly military and formerly LEO's.

JD has had the fortune of spending a lot of time around a couple of former operators and some really good current and former LEO's. I am definitely not the next John Connor though, I can assure you of that...LOL

Thanks for the vote of confidence though dnthmn - and good call on Cane, he would definitely be the class disruption.

But, there will be plenty of weapons, ammo, and basic necessities around our little patch of "Formerly Free Earth" should the worse arise - just show your FirearmsTalk avatar at the 800m checkpoint and kindly remove anything of interest from the log pile of dead zombies.

JD
J.D. i'll be at the rendevous point in about 3 days after an outbreak. I'll gather provisions on my way. I will approach base camp from the west so don't let Cane get to jumpy.

ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε

Considering the fact that the victim is the first one at the scene of a violent crime, I believe all law abiding citizens should be armed.

Old 02-04-2009, 12:31 AM   #19

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

The way the government is going, I'm kinda hoping for an "end of the world" event. It would probably be less stressful. I heard Yellowstone is going up soon

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Old 02-04-2009, 01:22 AM   #20

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
The way the government is going, I'm kinda hoping for an "end of the world" event. It would probably be less stressful. I heard Yellowstone is going up soon
Dude, easy on the apacolypse! Haven't had a chance at Jennifer Love Hewitt yet.

ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε