Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Survival & Sustenance Living Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f51/)
-   -   FT Survival (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f51/ft-survival-10494/)

dnthmn2004 02-01-2009 10:55 PM

FT Survival

I just had the craziest idea of the century. I was thinking about if the sh1t really does hit the fan, who would I want to stick it out and survive with? Why not some of the Firearmstalk.com members! We all obviously have the will to survive and the means to protect ourselves and our families. Why not almost guarantee the survival probability? We could have main survival locations to gather at depending on time zones or latitude/longitude or whatever. The locations could be malls, grocery stores, armories, or even someone's well fortified house. Bring whatever you can, firearms, other weapons, food, water, and family, except mother-in-laws. We would certainly have some f*cking interesting and intelligent conversations, probably about guns. Imagine, just imagine all of our minds working together. Its MIND BOGGLING!!! I leave the location decision up to our moderators.:D

I can see it now, the only qualification to be let into the survival group would be to be a supporting member, in which case I need to cough up the money! :D

Just an idea, throwin some gasoline on the coals.

opaww 02-02-2009 10:09 AM

Not a bad idea, but it would take others want for a group survival. If you can get enough in your area that would be cool

ScottG 02-02-2009 02:27 PM

So if a person wasn't a supporting member you wouldn't let them in??

Dillinger 02-02-2009 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottG (Post 67585)
So if a person wasn't a supporting member you wouldn't let them in??

I'm not letting you in because you carry a Makarov. :p

JD

robocop10mm 02-02-2009 04:30 PM

Ahhh, come on JD. If he brings his own ammo for the Mak, why not? I would bring PLENTY of ammo. I might need a tandem axle trailer to haul it all though.

Dillinger 02-02-2009 04:32 PM

Oh, alright, but only because Robo is going to vouche for yah Scott - and you two can stand post together. :D

JD

ScottG 02-02-2009 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dillinger (Post 67639)
Oh, alright, but only because Robo is going to vouche for yah Scott - and you two can stand post together. :D

JD

Ahem...please note the Senior Member status. Standing post should be for Junior Members. :p

Besides you're also forgetting my lover, er, Garand. Possession of that alone should get me ossifer rank....

Dillinger 02-02-2009 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottG (Post 67661)
Ahem...please note the Senior Member status. Standing post should be for Junior Members. :p

Besides you're also forgetting my lover, er, Garand. Possession of that alone should get me ossifer rank....

Duly Noted Scott - I apologize whole heartedly....:D

JD

bkt 02-02-2009 08:53 PM

There's similar discussion on ar15.com. This sounds like a really good and smart idea.

Just like most of you, probably, I have a group of friends (all with families) and we're all of the same mind and we're all, naturally, well-armed. But it's a small group and expanding it seems like a really good idea.

This is worth chewing on a while....

falseharmonix 02-03-2009 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dnthmn2004 (Post 67410)
The locations could be malls, grocery stores, armories, or even someone's well fortified house.

Just finished reading the "Zombie Survival Guide" (an extremely informative and humorous look into the world of a zombie infection) and it explicitly states that in the event of an outbreak (read SHTF), you should avoid largely populated centers in general.

That being said, I've only got a 9mm. But I'm working on building a bug-bag (have a semi-decent 1st aid & personal hygeen reserve built) and adding to the bachelor arsenal....If you don't mind sharing the locations, I can provide hours of musical entertainment and an additional set of eyes for the post.