Fox Fire books??
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Fox Fire books??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2007, 07:02 AM   #1
gsp
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Fox Fire books??

For anyone familiar with this book series do you think there is much survival type information in them..... so far the section on cleaning game seems like it would be usefull...

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-22-2007, 03:26 PM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

The Foxfire books are wonderful. I would not call them survival books. They are more about primitive living. I equate survival as a "lost in the woods need shelter now" scenario.
The Foxfire books are about people who lived in the mountains in the late 60's and early 70's. The amount of information the writers(college students) managed to glean from these people is astounding. the books are well worth reading. You might actually be able to consider how to set up a homestead if you read them all.
If you like the Foxfire series you might also enjoy a magazine called the Backwoodsman.

Old 09-23-2007, 01:27 AM   #3

I liked Foxfire books very much when I was younger. Wish I still had a set.

Old 09-23-2007, 01:28 AM   #4
gsp

yeah i'm not sure how many there are but i've got like 7 volumes

Old 09-23-2007, 02:23 AM   #5

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default FoxFire books?

Hello all

RON L here, = SERESURPLUS

For all that Liked and long for Foxfire books, I can help, I have them ON CD ROM Books 1-4 Only, along with a Plethera of other Survival, self reliance books on same CR ROM< $15.00 Shipped to all 50 states, if interested, PM me or ask here and we can work out a send? I have many sets here for Sale or Trade for ammo, or other items i Need like weapons parts and stuff?