Found the PERFECT bug out spot - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Found the PERFECT bug out spot

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2012, 08:05 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 53 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I can say this, the front yard leading to the road is longer than that backyard you can see. It's a well manicured front lawn, with just a little hump of a rise from the house to the road with a long gravel driveway, making it not so noticeable from the street. There are a couple of neighbors, but Helenwood is way off the beaten track, believe me.

Old 04-17-2012, 08:17 PM   #12

Liked 3740 Times on 1828 Posts
Likes Given: 13270

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12fretter View Post
northeast Tennessee up 75 around Helenwood
NE TN is a very nice area - lots of mountains, woodlands, rivers and nooks and crannies - good places to hide. Back in 06' while working in Johnson City I nearly got my hands on 20acres of black walnut wooded property - missed out on it by 2hrs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc View Post
you cant even touch flat farm land here for less than $10,000 @ acre .
Who needs flat land? Sure it makes farming easier but the Japanese and Chinese have been step farming for millenia. And don't forget hydroponic gardening - a lot of food can be grown in a very small area.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 04-17-2012, 08:43 PM   #13

Liked 17 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I would think the way the real estate market is now some good deals could be gained on a bug out place? I bought my "bug in" place here in NW Tennessee with a stocked pond and some acreage. The place I really wanted was deep in the sticks and 45 minutes away from the closest store. The wife wouldn't have any of that! I considered which I wanted most, then I realized I wouldn't be able to afford anything if I made the wrong selection Sure is a change from a urban life time though... Got the wife out of the city, now to get the city out of the wife!

Old 04-20-2012, 02:27 AM   #14

Wow. . .i cant wait until im old enough to buy land and have the cash to buy land. Beautiful pics though, good change in scenery from where im at.