Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Fortifying the home

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2012, 01:14 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1101 Times on 676 Posts
Likes Given: 2387

Quote:
Originally Posted by daremo18
I have a locksmith friend who says replacing 1 screw from each hinge and deadbolt with a 3 inch wood screw has made the cops have a difficult time knocking the door down....easy thing to do quickly. It's definitely not of the caliber of some ideas here, but might fortify against a more common threat.
Thats a great one simply because its usefulness isnt restricted to a shtf scenario but also one in which you just dont want the bad guy stealing your sh*t or trying to kill you.

For anyone that hasnt done this already, do it! Its not expensive by any means either.

I know several people thag have done this with some specialty titanium alloy of some sort.

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun