Flask - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Flask

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2013, 01:19 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1223 Times on 788 Posts
Likes Given: 2465

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbd512 View Post
In a situation where you're going to make life and death decisions and need to have all your wits about you to deal with the unexpected you're worried about not being able to get drunk… Yep, sounds like a plan to me.
I haven't been "drunk" in many years but I do enjoy a drink every now and then. It's one of those comfort things.
Old 11-17-2013, 01:20 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by sputnik1988 View Post
... I'm a Jim Beam guy
That makes two of us!

Old 11-18-2013, 01:20 AM   #13

Liked 2458 Times on 1594 Posts

There's this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13 View Post
Liquor is invaluable in a shtf situation. It can be used used as a sterilizer,pain mitigation, morale booster,firestarter and trade item. The flask can probably also be used for signaling.
And this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf View Post

Did it occur to you that grain alcohol is 3 times as more potent, can be used as disinfectant, to stretch fuel to run a ICE/car, start a fire, as rubbing
alcohol, and for barter, as well as to drink?
And a pessimistic this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbd512 View Post
In a situation where you're going to make life and death decisions and need to have all your wits about you to deal with the unexpected you're worried about not being able to get drunk… Yep, sounds like a plan to me.
Also, the alcohol can sterilize a turd in the punchbowl.

Feral cat waterboarder

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 11-18-2013, 07:46 AM   #14

Liked 182 Times on 132 Posts
Likes Given: 184

Me personally whenever I go camping I carry some of my special brew with me when I go camping also keep some my bag, I found out long ago they don't make a flask big enough so I just carry a mason jar or two in the bag wrapped in bubble wrap. Granted one jar is for drinking (not for getting drunk just a nip or two) while the other has a red cross sticker on it and that's purely for medical use.

I agree with carrying alcohol on you for an in case situation, it has many uses also worse comes to worse you can trade it for other things you might need. Also after some big stuff happens and your adrenaline is still pumping it can help you calm down and get some sleep.

"come on you sons of b***hs! do you want to live forever?" Sergeant Daniel Daly, USMC, Belleau Wood France June 6th 1918

"You can be as mad as a mad dog at the way things went. You could swear, curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go" Benjamin Button

BE PREPARED

Old 11-18-2013, 10:21 AM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2801 Times on 1632 Posts
Likes Given: 1626

Alcohol, in moderation, has been a tonic for ailments both physical and psychological for millennia.

If you abstain from consuming alcohol, more power to you. I have always felt that if my Lord & savior, Jesus Christ turned water into wine for human consumption, then alcohol was not necessarily something we were meant to abstain from, as long as we consume it in moderation!

I certainly plan on having alcohol for tonic and barter if TSHTF!

Sent from my (_E=MC² _)

We do not choose our future, we choose our habits and our habits dictate our future. - anonymous

We are all biodegradable.

TLuker Likes This 
Old 11-18-2013, 10:26 AM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2200 Times on 1218 Posts
Likes Given: 280

I'll tell you what, if you're trying to start a fire and your kindling is being stubborn, not a lot beats a shot of strong rum. Actually a shot is overkill. A capful usually does the trick

Nobody said anything.....about Glocks until you posted about your bacon dog who needs dentures.

What did somebody forget to engage their safety and shoot the dogs front teeth out? Or are we blaming that on the Glock shooters?

"Gaston, the Doggy dentist's best friend."

Last edited by DeltaF; 11-18-2013 at 10:31 AM.

Old 11-18-2013, 10:48 AM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1586 Times on 1083 Posts
Likes Given: 548

A flask is considered an open container. But I usually have one in cold weather. Other than a roaring fire, there isn't much to make you feel better when it's so cold your fingers are burning.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Old 11-18-2013, 11:40 AM   #18

Liked 27 Times on 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbd512
Settle down there. I understand your concern but no one mentioned getting drunk. I happen to obtain a flask and I happen to have room in my BOB. I also should have mentioned that my BOB is also me Get Home Bag. I live in an area where the weather changes quickly. I'm more concerned about surviving a few hours in my car until I can be rescued or humping it a couple miles to get home than hiding from somebody who might be trying to get me. A drink does not equal being drunk.

Last edited by thefourthD; 11-18-2013 at 01:14 PM.
locutus Likes This 
Old 11-18-2013, 10:49 PM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2200 Times on 1218 Posts
Likes Given: 280

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer
A flask is considered an open container. But I usually have one in cold weather. Other than a roaring fire, there isn't much to make you feel better when it's so cold your fingers are burning.
Actually this varies not just from state to state but from courthouse to courthouse within the state and occasionally from judge to judge in the courthouse.

Example: in 1 courtroom with 1 judge, if a daiquiri has tape over the straw hole it's not an open container. In another courtroom, if the straw isn't in the straw hole it's not an open container. In another courtroom, if there is paper over the straw in the straw hole it's not an open container. This is all within a 50 mile radius.

Nobody said anything.....about Glocks until you posted about your bacon dog who needs dentures.

What did somebody forget to engage their safety and shoot the dogs front teeth out? Or are we blaming that on the Glock shooters?

"Gaston, the Doggy dentist's best friend."

Old 11-19-2013, 05:09 PM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF View Post
Actually this varies not just from state to state but from courthouse to courthouse within the state and occasionally from judge to judge in the courthouse.

Example: in 1 courtroom with 1 judge, if a daiquiri has tape over the straw hole it's not an open container. In another courtroom, if the straw isn't in the straw hole it's not an open container. In another courtroom, if there is paper over the straw in the straw hole it's not an open container. This is all within a 50 mile radius.
So your best bet is to drink the daiquiri and get rid of the evidence!