Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Survival & Sustenance Living Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f51/)
-   -   Flask (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f51/flask-100400/)

thefourthD 11-16-2013 01:56 PM

Flask

Our office has a birthday club where everyone draws names at the beginning of the year. The catch is gifts must be a "re-gifted" or "white elephant" type gift. Nothing serious and nothing expensive.
This year I was gifted an 8oz stainless steal flask. The flask is now filled up with my favorite bourbon and in my BOB. Yes, yes, yes, I know it's not vital to survival. I don't really need it but I had this flask and I had room so there it is. So my question is am I the only one? Does anyone else have a flask in their BOB? Would you have thrown it in there I my situation?

mountainman13 11-16-2013 02:08 PM

Liquor is invaluable in a shtf situation. It can be used used as a sterilizer,pain mitigation, morale booster,firestarter and trade item. The flask can probably also be used for signaling.

MisterMcCool 11-16-2013 02:15 PM

Life without booze is surviving, not living. :(

locutus 11-16-2013 02:55 PM

My flask is British. 1/2 litre!:D The single most important item in my kit!:p

Axxe55 11-16-2013 03:28 PM

i see nothing wrong with this at all. but if you have to re-gift it, then find another one like it to replace that one!

TLuker 11-17-2013 01:46 AM

I don't have a flask in my BOB but I do keep a few mini bottles. There's not much better than a warm fire and a stout drink on a cold night. :)

therewolf 11-17-2013 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thefourthD (Post 1432997)
Our office has a birthday club where everyone draws names at the beginning of the year. The catch is gifts must be a "re-gifted" or "white elephant" type gift. Nothing serious and nothing expensive.
This year I was gifted an 8oz stainless steal flask. The flask is now filled up with my favorite bourbon and in my BOB. Yes, yes, yes, I know it's not vital to survival. I don't really need it but I had this flask and I had room so there it is. So my question is am I the only one? Does anyone else have a flask in their BOB? Would you have thrown it in there I my situation?

Did it occur to you that grain alcohol is 3 times as more potent, can be used as disinfectant, to stretch fuel to run a ICE/car, start a fire, as rubbing
alcohol, and for barter, as well as to drink?;)

vincent 11-17-2013 02:06 AM

I've kept a flask in my tackle box for years...

I've yet to meet the man/woman who can fish with me without doing a shot...;)...or three...

B.O.B/ Tackle box...same difference...:cool:

If you like a bit of the drop, it makes sense to have a drop handy...;)

kbd512 11-17-2013 07:44 AM

In a situation where you're going to make life and death decisions and need to have all your wits about you to deal with the unexpected you're worried about not being able to get drunk… Yep, sounds like a plan to me.

sputnik1988 11-17-2013 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLuker (Post 1433565)
I don't have a flask in my BOB but I do keep a few mini bottles. There's not much better than a warm fire and a stout drink on a cold night. :)

Same here. Makers Mark mostly now that I think about it... I'm a Jim Beam guy:confused: