Flash Mob attacks man in his house
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Flash Mob attacks man in his house

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2011, 11:07 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 898 Times on 547 Posts
Likes Given: 202

Default Flash Mob attacks man in his house

If this doesn't answer the question of why we should be armed...
Chased home: Mob attacks man in his house | Philadelphia Daily News | 09/27/2011

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-27-2011, 11:12 PM   #2
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

No, not at all. This guy needs to do some introspection and understand what he did to bring this on himself. Guns must be banned; we just need more police. And we need to reach out to disaffected youth across America to understand them and bridge the divide. And we need higher taxes so the government can address the needs of those people and others.

(There was an element of sarcasm in there in case some folks didn't pick up on it.)

Old 09-27-2011, 11:17 PM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

The second I read your headline, I knew this would be about Philadelphia. Im from Philadelphia myself and live less then 2 miles from where this took place. Over the astonishing few months we have had "flash mob" attacks around the city. Mayor Michael Nutters actually declared a "state of emergency" for the city. Believe it or jot, the majority of the persons involved in these mobs are 17 years old on average,there has even been an arrest of a 10y/o boy.

People have already made it very clear that they will begin to defend themselves if the situation approaches them. they attack in groups of 20+ ... I myself will not hesitate to fire on these people (children or not).

Si vis pacem, Para Bellum.
"If you want peace, Prepare for war"

Old 09-27-2011, 11:20 PM   #4

Liked 1102 Times on 677 Posts
Likes Given: 2389

Well, there may have been a better way to have handled it (such as not getting involved to begin with) but what happened was clearly uncalled for. Its fortunate for those "kids" that the gentlemen did not, in fact, have a gun. He could have done his community a lot of good with a shotgun and some buckshot...just say'n....

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Old 09-27-2011, 11:32 PM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigByrd47119
Well, there may have been a better way to have handled it (such as not getting involved to begin with) but what happened was clearly uncalled for. Its fortunate for those "kids" that the gentlemen did not, in fact, have a gun. He could have done his community a lot of good with a shotgun and some buckshot...just say'n....
I understand your thought of "Nother getting involved" but, you would have to be from this neighborhood to understand better. This neighborhood is a very "tight" community, they all treat another as if they were one big family. It consists mostly of Irish and polish, with that being said..I can guarantee the attackers were not living there very long. With the economy in the toilet, most families either lost homes or had to sell. This paved the way for "section 8" scum bags to move into the neighborhood and destroy everything in their path.

Old 09-27-2011, 11:35 PM   #6
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6573 Times on 3638 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Wow, If that had happened to someone like me, there would be at least 3 dead/wounded men. Did these teens even have anything to do with what happened in the park or were the picked out because of their race? Sounds like a hate crime to me and yet, they are not being charged for commiting a hate crime. Only for the assult.

Old 09-27-2011, 11:39 PM   #7

Liked 1102 Times on 677 Posts
Likes Given: 2389

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanNinja View Post
I understand your thought of "Nother getting involved" but, you would have to be from this neighborhood to understand better. This neighborhood is a very "tight" community, they all treat another as if they were one big family. It consists mostly of Irish and polish, with that being said..I can guarantee the attackers were not living there very long. With the economy in the toilet, most families either lost homes or had to sell. This paved the way for "section 8" scum bags to move into the neighborhood and destroy everything in their path.
I know what you mean. Although I would know its better for my health to stay uninvolved, I find it cowardly and shameful for the able-minded and able-bodied to stand by and watch as the helpless are trampled. I guess its a sheepdog thing...

In other words, I commend his courage and question his lack of forethought in regard to "what now?!" and the fact that he had his family (including young kids) inside his house as well.

Overall rating is a C+ to B-.

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Old 09-27-2011, 11:45 PM   #8

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker
Wow, If that had happened to someone like me, there would be at least 3 dead/wounded men. Did these teens even have anything to do with what happened in the park or were the picked out because of their race? Sounds like a hate crime to me and yet, they are not being charged for commiting a hate crime. Only for the assult.
I believe they were friends or relatives of the boy whom apparently was the original "Hate crime" victim. Unfortunately, family or friend, thats just how things work in this city. There is no "1 on 1" anymore. Its unheard of. Also id like to add (please do not take offense to this) that in this city, if you're white, you do not get to "pull the race card" and refer to this situation as a hate crime (the Rev. Jesse Jackson will not allow it).

Old 09-27-2011, 11:47 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1151 Times on 751 Posts
Likes Given: 690

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanNinja View Post
People have already made it very clear that they will begin to defend themselves if the situation approaches them. they attack in groups of 20+ ... I myself will not hesitate to fire on these people (children or not).
... and thats what 30 round mags are for....
when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Old 09-27-2011, 11:49 PM   #10

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigByrd47119

I know what you mean. Although I would know its better for my health to stay uninvolved, I find it cowardly and shameful for the able-minded and able-bodied to stand by and watch as the helpless are trampled. I guess its a sheepdog thing...

In other words, I commend his courage and question his lack of forethought in regard to "what now?!" and the fact that he had his family (including young kids) inside his house as well.

Overall rating is a C+ to B-.
I completely agree. He should have thought about his own family first, or maybe other was just instant preservation of life type of thought going through his head. Ill have to go back and read the story again but, im not sure if it mentioned if he knew the boys he was protecting or were they random kids.