Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Survival & Sustenance Living Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f51/)
-   -   Flash Mob attacks man in his house (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f51/flash-mob-attacks-man-his-house-48912/)

partdeux 09-27-2011 11:07 PM

Flash Mob attacks man in his house

If this doesn't answer the question of why we should be armed...
Chased home: Mob attacks man in his house | Philadelphia Daily News | 09/27/2011

bkt 09-27-2011 11:12 PM

No, not at all. This guy needs to do some introspection and understand what he did to bring this on himself. Guns must be banned; we just need more police. And we need to reach out to disaffected youth across America to understand them and bridge the divide. And we need higher taxes so the government can address the needs of those people and others.

(There was an element of sarcasm in there in case some folks didn't pick up on it.)

UrbanNinja 09-27-2011 11:17 PM

The second I read your headline, I knew this would be about Philadelphia. Im from Philadelphia myself and live less then 2 miles from where this took place. Over the astonishing few months we have had "flash mob" attacks around the city. Mayor Michael Nutters actually declared a "state of emergency" for the city. Believe it or jot, the majority of the persons involved in these mobs are 17 years old on average,there has even been an arrest of a 10y/o boy.

People have already made it very clear that they will begin to defend themselves if the situation approaches them. they attack in groups of 20+ ... I myself will not hesitate to fire on these people (children or not).

BigByrd47119 09-27-2011 11:20 PM

Well, there may have been a better way to have handled it (such as not getting involved to begin with) but what happened was clearly uncalled for. Its fortunate for those "kids" that the gentlemen did not, in fact, have a gun. He could have done his community a lot of good with a shotgun and some buckshot...just say'n....

UrbanNinja 09-27-2011 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigByrd47119
Well, there may have been a better way to have handled it (such as not getting involved to begin with) but what happened was clearly uncalled for. Its fortunate for those "kids" that the gentlemen did not, in fact, have a gun. He could have done his community a lot of good with a shotgun and some buckshot...just say'n....

I understand your thought of "Nother getting involved" but, you would have to be from this neighborhood to understand better. This neighborhood is a very "tight" community, they all treat another as if they were one big family. It consists mostly of Irish and polish, with that being said..I can guarantee the attackers were not living there very long. With the economy in the toilet, most families either lost homes or had to sell. This paved the way for "section 8" scum bags to move into the neighborhood and destroy everything in their path.

texaswoodworker 09-27-2011 11:35 PM

Wow, If that had happened to someone like me, there would be at least 3 dead/wounded men. Did these teens even have anything to do with what happened in the park or were the picked out because of their race? Sounds like a hate crime to me and yet, they are not being charged for commiting a hate crime. Only for the assult.

BigByrd47119 09-27-2011 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UrbanNinja (Post 588187)
I understand your thought of "Nother getting involved" but, you would have to be from this neighborhood to understand better. This neighborhood is a very "tight" community, they all treat another as if they were one big family. It consists mostly of Irish and polish, with that being said..I can guarantee the attackers were not living there very long. With the economy in the toilet, most families either lost homes or had to sell. This paved the way for "section 8" scum bags to move into the neighborhood and destroy everything in their path.

I know what you mean. Although I would know its better for my health to stay uninvolved, I find it cowardly and shameful for the able-minded and able-bodied to stand by and watch as the helpless are trampled. I guess its a sheepdog thing...

In other words, I commend his courage and question his lack of forethought in regard to "what now?!" and the fact that he had his family (including young kids) inside his house as well.

Overall rating is a C+ to B-.

UrbanNinja 09-27-2011 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texaswoodworker
Wow, If that had happened to someone like me, there would be at least 3 dead/wounded men. Did these teens even have anything to do with what happened in the park or were the picked out because of their race? Sounds like a hate crime to me and yet, they are not being charged for commiting a hate crime. Only for the assult.

I believe they were friends or relatives of the boy whom apparently was the original "Hate crime" victim. Unfortunately, family or friend, thats just how things work in this city. There is no "1 on 1" anymore. Its unheard of. Also id like to add (please do not take offense to this) that in this city, if you're white, you do not get to "pull the race card" and refer to this situation as a hate crime (the Rev. Jesse Jackson will not allow it).

jjfuller1 09-27-2011 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UrbanNinja (Post 588174)
People have already made it very clear that they will begin to defend themselves if the situation approaches them. they attack in groups of 20+ ... I myself will not hesitate to fire on these people (children or not).

... and thats what 30 round mags are for....

UrbanNinja 09-27-2011 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigByrd47119

I know what you mean. Although I would know its better for my health to stay uninvolved, I find it cowardly and shameful for the able-minded and able-bodied to stand by and watch as the helpless are trampled. I guess its a sheepdog thing...

In other words, I commend his courage and question his lack of forethought in regard to "what now?!" and the fact that he had his family (including young kids) inside his house as well.

Overall rating is a C+ to B-.

I completely agree. He should have thought about his own family first, or maybe other was just instant preservation of life type of thought going through his head. Ill have to go back and read the story again but, im not sure if it mentioned if he knew the boys he was protecting or were they random kids.