Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Fish antibiotics?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2013, 03:56 AM   #21
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7834 Times on 4523 Posts
Likes Given: 10088

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
How do you feel about oil of oregano ? It has helped me in the past and just a great boost for the immune system overall.
I use Oregano pretty often. If I start feeling like I am getting a stomach bug I will take several drops internally along with some Peppermint. Both of these are "hot" oils so I put them in a small veggie capsule and swallow that. You definitely do not want to get Oregano on your lips!!!!

Check this out- http://www.everythingessential.me/Oils/Oregano.html

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 02-14-2013, 04:04 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLuker View Post
That's good stuff that everyone needs to keep in mind. Penicillin use to work on just about everything and then the bugs got used to it and now it rarely works. That's largely due to it being over prescribed for too many years and people not taking the full course of it after they started it. Antibiotics are nothing to play with and they shouldn't be used unless absolutely necessary.

In addition to creating superbugs, they can also really mess up the good bacteria in your gut and cause all sorts of digestive problems.
I take some probiotics periodically (this is the one I use- http://www.everythingessential.me/OtherProducts/Probiotic.html#page=page-1 ) and I also will eat yogurt- Bulgarian yogurt is the best probiotic for this purpose- to boost the beneficial bacteria in my gut.

One of the big issues that many, many people have health wise is a sensitivity to gluten and/or casein, gluten is in most grains and casein is in milk products, and too much refined sugar in their diet causing yeast to explode in their gut (particularly Candida- http://www.everythingessential.me/HealthConcerns/Candida.html#page=page-1 ).

Have you got IBS? IBS is almost totally caused by your diet.

Is this too much info or too far off the intended track of the thread?

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."

Old 02-14-2013, 04:09 AM   #23
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Before one runs off to purchase animal antibiotics, they need to actually know what the antibiotic is. Not only what it translates over to from animal to human terms, but one needs to be aware of purity, dosage, and several other issues. Going, "HEY, I can slam a handful of fishcillen if I feel sick" wont help if you are allergic to cillens, or perhaps, just the form of cillen your grabbing. Take too little, and you risk becoming resistant or immune to it, take too much, and you will long for dysentery or worse. You also need to be aware of proper storage how long before it expires. Stored medications can go south on you, regardless of the form.
It's the little things in life that count

Old 02-14-2013, 07:09 AM   #24
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 883 Times on 588 Posts
Likes Given: 224

The body needs about 99 minerals, and gets about ten of them from fast food. Grocery store food, you might get about fifteen of them.

These minerals, along with big doses of vitamins, keep you well.

Deep breathing a little ozone is also good, along with colloidal silver.

If you do not know what colloidal silver is, start studying. Anybody taking antibiotics is putting a bandaid on a cut instead of not getting cut in the first place.

Shake hands with people? Stop it.

In the same room with someone with a cough? Get out or ask them to stop. I have a business, and when someone has a continual cough, I ask them to quit it, or leave. I run an ozone generator to kill airborne pathogens. Also kills pathogens on surfaces.

Old 02-14-2013, 07:43 AM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1391 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 489

Antibiotics would be a necessity in a doomsday situation. You are going to get cut. You are going to get puncture wounds. You will be performing surgery with a pocket knife in less than ideal circumstances. Yes, you will need antibiotics to survive and keep your family alive. The good news is most looters will not gather antibiotics and you will find them almost anywhere people have inhabited for any length of time. I have taken antibiotics that had expired years ago and they had the infection healing by Monday when the Dr could take a look at me.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Last edited by John_Deer; 02-14-2013 at 07:46 AM.

Old 02-14-2013, 09:47 AM   #26

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post

I use Oregano pretty often. If I start feeling like I am getting a stomach bug I will take several drops internally along with some Peppermint. Both of these are "hot" oils so I put them in a small veggie capsule and swallow that. You definitely do not want to get Oregano on your lips!!!!

Check this out- http://www.everythingessential.me/Oils/Oregano.html
You are absolutely right about "hot oil". depending on the strength. I put the drops in a shot glass of water and shoot it chased by a cup of yogart to calm things down.

NEVER FORGET

Vikingdad Likes This 
Old 02-14-2013, 02:22 PM   #27
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 2612 Times on 1374 Posts
Likes Given: 204

I seriously doubt fish antibiotics are appropriate for people. I always heard meds for hogs was the closest match to people meds.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 02-14-2013, 06:05 PM   #28
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1743 Times on 948 Posts
Likes Given: 547

My wife takes 100 mg of Hyaluronic Acid to support her knees. I has something to do with the fluid in the joints and it works. Over the counter at health food stores. 4 years ago she was looking at possible knee transplants. Now we are hiking again.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

Old 02-14-2013, 06:26 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
Antibiotics would be a necessity in a doomsday situation. You are going to get cut. You are going to get puncture wounds. You will be performing surgery with a pocket knife in less than ideal circumstances. Yes, you will need antibiotics to survive and keep your family alive. The good news is most looters will not gather antibiotics and you will find them almost anywhere people have inhabited for any length of time. I have taken antibiotics that had expired years ago and they had the infection healing by Monday when the Dr could take a look at me.
Totally disagree here. Antibiotics should not be confused with antiseptics. 99% of the time these days antibiotics are prescribed prophylactically, meaning there is no infection present, just the possible risk of infection. Also, many times an antibiotic will be prescribed for a viral infection, and antibiotics have abslolutely no effect whatsoever on viruses. There are no cures for viruses. Not one. There are only treatments for the effects of it or inocculations that can minimize the chances of you getting sick from said virus.

Stock up on antiseptics. Betedine never goes bad. You can buy a gallon for under $50 (and the veterinary stuff is absolutely identical to the stuff they use on humans). Agallon will last you near forever in a household. I have an 8 oz bottle that I have been using for probably 17 years and it is still half full. We don't go to the emergency room for just about anything, we fix it up at home ourselves with Betadine and duct tape (well, maybe not duct tape, but we do it at home). After scrubbing out all wounds with Betadine we put a drop or two of Helichrysum oil on it. http://www.everythingessential.me/Oils/Helichrysum.html

No infections have set in and things heal up nicely.

Quote:

Old 02-15-2013, 12:32 AM   #30
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1075 Times on 695 Posts
Likes Given: 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
I take some probiotics periodically (this is the one I use- http://www.everythingessential.me/OtherProducts/Probiotic.html#page=page-1 ) and I also will eat yogurt- Bulgarian yogurt is the best probiotic for this purpose- to boost the beneficial bacteria in my gut.

One of the big issues that many, many people have health wise is a sensitivity to gluten and/or casein, gluten is in most grains and casein is in milk products, and too much refined sugar in their diet causing yeast to explode in their gut (particularly Candida- http://www.everythingessential.me/HealthConcerns/Candida.html#page=page-1 ).

Have you got IBS? IBS is almost totally caused by your diet.

Is this too much info or too far off the intended track of the thread?
Your pretty much nailed it with me. I have IBS and you're right it is/was from diet. In my case it's from an undiagnosed food allergy for 4 years (red meat) and gail bladder removal. I'm also slightly sensitive to gluten and really sensitive to all dairy. And probiotics help a lot. That's what made me aware of how important good bacteria really are.

Last week I had really really severe constipation (borderline serious medical issue). Normally I have the opposite problem so I was wondering what on earth brought that on? Then it hit me. I was using a prescription topical antibiotic for a cyst I had removed. That might have been a little too much information, but I think it's important for everyone to realize antibiotics are nothing to play with.

A buddy of mine got put on strong antibiotics for an infection he picked up while having knee surgery. The antibiotics resulted in internal hemorrhoids. I've never experienced that one and I have no desire to. Be careful with antibiotics.

If you're going to stock up on antibiotics, which could be really useful, make sure you understand the proper dosage for that specific antibiotic.