First aid and the different types of wounds? - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > First aid and the different types of wounds?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2013, 10:13 PM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1850 Times on 1195 Posts
Likes Given: 4113

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc007 View Post
Having personally treated over 75 penetrating chest traumas I stand by my initial answer
What would you recommend for someone in the middle of now where with no chance of getting help (besides prayer)?
dango Likes This 
Old 02-16-2013, 10:31 PM   #22

Liked 8 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc007
Having personally treated over 75 penetrating chest traumas I stand by my initial answer
They are not going to have access to gear or knowledge of meds that we have. They sound like they want the basic know how to have more time for help to arrive. Just basic first aid.... B before P.
People Like This 
Old 02-16-2013, 11:07 PM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1850 Times on 1195 Posts
Likes Given: 4113

Quote:
Originally Posted by emsLE84 View Post
They are not going to have access to gear or knowledge of meds that we have. They sound like they want the basic know how to have more time for help to arrive. Just basic first aid.... B before P.
Exactly............
dango Likes This 
Old 02-17-2013, 12:54 AM   #24

Liked 10 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLuker

What would you recommend for someone in the middle of now where with no chance of getting help (besides prayer)?
I would recommend keeping Vaseline gauze in any kit. It makes a good occlusive dressing. It keeps dirt out and doesn't rip. paramedics in my area are now trained to put Vaseline gauze dressing on it and get them to the hospital. Plus it also works as a fire starter in a pinch. The three sided dressing was a good theory but doesn't keep the wound clean and doesn't work as a 1 way valve in the real world.
People Like This 
Old 02-17-2013, 04:25 PM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4220 Times on 2353 Posts
Likes Given: 21220

That's all we can achieve here , buying him or her a chance ! That's all we can do and sometimes , it's enough for this person to make it! Buy them as much time as possible which is by far better than panic or doing nothing.

On the ugly side of things , how many people died from a simple OD because the other people involved had no idea what to do ?

A little training and a whole lot of common sense can make all the difference in the world.

When putting all scenarios in what "COULD" go wrong can help putting together a simple "First-aid Kit " together. You don't need a PHD. to save a life , just neves of steel with common sense.!
DFlynt Likes This 
Old 02-18-2013, 03:55 AM   #26

Liked 2730 Times on 1778 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad

Seriously, take some first aid classes. I have taken some from the Red Cross that were very helpful. The Mountaineering First Aid class is top notch, given a good instructor. Here is a link to the syllabus. http://www.redcrossstore.org/Shopper/Product.aspx?uniqueitemid=543
I just completed my first aid, cpr, blood born pathogens, etc refresher course. Been doing this 15 years or so. Folks, doing this can save a friend or family member, or even yourself. Why not?

Old 02-18-2013, 02:24 PM   #27
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6614 Times on 3513 Posts
Likes Given: 490

Giving medical advice over a forum is worse than giving legal advice.

If your interested go take first aid and advanced first aid etc. Most of these courses are usually taught with little to no fees.

But this is locked because it can get people killed. If you dont have training, get some. In any case use 911 services

You are under no duty to render aid to anyone beyound calling for emergency services as a minimum.
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent
dango Likes This 
Closed Thread