Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Survival & Sustenance Living Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f51/)
-   -   First aid and the different types of wounds? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f51/first-aid-different-types-wounds-84087/)

dango 02-13-2013 03:08 AM

First aid and the different types of wounds?

There are many types of wounds encountered in the filed and I would like to cover most of them here. We shall pick one and work our way down if it's ok with all of you ?

1-Sucking air wound. Generally , a lung or throat wound.! How do we know it's this type of wound and what are the first thinks we should do ?:)

doc007 02-13-2013 06:33 AM

Which one are you talking about. A sucking chest wound that is causing a tension pneumothorax or a tracheal injury?

Vikingdad 02-13-2013 06:49 AM

Got a couple days? These things take time to learn, and cannot be treated through anything you read on the internet. You need to have intensive training before attempting to treat severe injuries such as you describe.

Is the sucking chest wound just into the chest cavity, or is the lung itself pierced? What is the extent of the wounds to the rest of the area? Are there flailing ribs? Is the person conscious?

Too many questions to even begin to address this sort of intensive first aid in a forum like this.

dango 02-13-2013 07:03 AM

I've got all the time in the world.! :) Being self employed does have it's perks !

Lay it on me Bro. By telling me , we all learn , a plus , plus,! :)

Lets make it a lower left lung bullet wound , then we won't have to get into Myocardial trauma , keep it simple for now , please !

Diagnosis: Broken rib , pierced lower lung , sucking and "gurgling" ?
Not much visible blood , must be bleeding lung ?

John_Deer 02-13-2013 07:46 AM

This is the part where you dial 911. Tell the operator what happened and where your truck is parked. Then you pick your friend up and you get back to the truck ASAP. You are in the woods. Nothing around you is sanitary. You pray that God grants you the strength to save your friends live. That is the best advice I can give you.

Husker_RN 02-13-2013 07:55 AM

I remember when my old paramedic instructor told my class, "All chest wounds suck to some extent..." :)

AR10 02-13-2013 08:05 AM

I think Obamacare should be fine for this. lol

dango 02-13-2013 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AR10 (Post 1135568)
I think Obamacare should be fine for this. lol

Obamination won't help you this time , what can you do to buy your friend some time ? LOL,..... :)

dango 02-13-2013 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Husker_RN (Post 1135567)
I remember when my old paramedic instructor told my class, "All chest wounds suck to some extent..." :)

That is the sign you need.! It's telling you it didn't hit an artery , but is "Gurgling" and that tells you what and what can you do right now.?

doc007 02-13-2013 05:15 PM

32 fr chest tube with one way valve. Occlusive dressing to all open wounds and broad spectrum antibiotics