Firearms related survival/ shtf questions - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Firearms related survival/ shtf questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2013, 08:00 PM   #41
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3162 Times on 2148 Posts
Likes Given: 689

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF

When I roll out long term I pack as many of my guns and as much of my ammo as I can into the vehicle before my wife starts throwing bags of useless items like outfits and hair straighteners in there. I have most of my ammo packed into duffel bags and backpacks, (makes range trips a breeze and I'm never out of ammo). So it's actually pretty easy to get the jump on her.

If I ever have to quickly bug out, I have a bug out bag ready with stuff for me and the kids and enough ammo to get me through a day or two of serious SHTF. But the wife? I'll have to steal some of her clothes, toss them in the jeep, load the kids up and then drag her out of the house by her hair. Literally.

She lives up to and exceeds every movie stereotype of a woman excessively packing and taking forever to do it. And the knowledge if an angry mob heading towards the house would motivate her to pack MORE. Not less.
Yeah,..Mine learned not to over pack 2 years ago when we took 15 days worth of clothes for an 8 day cruise! not to Mention Cameras, The Laptop,..Battery Charger, Batteries,......I didn't have the iPad then but she had hers.....Was also "pre-iPhone" for us, so we just turned the dumb phones off...

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 10-18-2013, 08:30 PM   #42
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2200 Times on 1218 Posts
Likes Given: 280

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball
Yeah,..Mine learned not to over pack 2 years ago when we took 15 days worth of clothes for an 8 day cruise! not to Mention Cameras, The Laptop,..Battery Charger, Batteries,......I didn't have the iPad then but she had hers.....Was also "pre-iPhone" for us, so we just turned the dumb phones off...
Mine has gotten better since my injury. I had no problem cowboying her enormous luggage bags. But now that it's left up to her to carry the bags they are magically getting lighter. Of course when I'm done with therapy I intend to hit the gym like a monster. We'll see if that changes when I'm the one carrying the bag again.

Nobody said anything.....about Glocks until you posted about your bacon dog who needs dentures.

What did somebody forget to engage their safety and shoot the dogs front teeth out? Or are we blaming that on the Glock shooters?

"Gaston, the Doggy dentist's best friend."

Old 10-19-2013, 04:59 AM   #43
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1096 Times on 606 Posts
Likes Given: 455

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF View Post
When I roll out long term I pack as many of my guns and as much of my ammo as I can into the vehicle before my wife starts throwing bags of useless items like outfits and hair straighteners in there. I have most of my ammo packed into duffel bags and backpacks, (makes range trips a breeze and I'm never out of ammo). So it's actually pretty easy to get the jump on her.

If I ever have to quickly bug out, I have a bug out bag ready with stuff for me and the kids and enough ammo to get me through a day or two of serious SHTF. But the wife? I'll have to steal some of her clothes, toss them in the jeep, load the kids up and then drag her out of the house by her hair. Literally.

She lives up to and exceeds every movie stereotype of a woman excessively packing and taking forever to do it. And the knowledge if an angry mob heading towards the house would motivate her to pack MORE. Not less.
Delta,

If you want to experience SHTF, WROL, and TEOTWAWKI all rolled into one, try explaining to the wife that there's no more TP. No amount of guns and ammunition will help and woe to the man who thinks otherwise.

Better have a "high clip assault roll", as our libtard friends would put it, handy JIC.

My wife gives me dirty looks when I ever so subtly imply that it might not be necessary for one woman to have fifty (I'm not even close to kidding and it is quite possibly more than that- I stopped counting around 40) bottles of shampoo.

Day 1 is gonna be an experience to say the least.

Old 10-19-2013, 05:06 AM   #44
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2200 Times on 1218 Posts
Likes Given: 280

ROFLOL!

She can make her own shampoo actually. We keep a stock of essential oils on hand and other bulk basic cleaners etc. we already make our own laundry detergent, baby wipes, dish washing soap and fabric softener. Shampoo would just be adding another thing to her plate.

I'd bet she'd start her base with kefir and coconut oil. I'll have to suggest it to her.

Nobody said anything.....about Glocks until you posted about your bacon dog who needs dentures.

What did somebody forget to engage their safety and shoot the dogs front teeth out? Or are we blaming that on the Glock shooters?

"Gaston, the Doggy dentist's best friend."

Old 10-21-2013, 12:03 AM   #45

Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

A couple of my buddies keep spare bolt carrier assemblies for thier AR15s.

But yes, springs would also be my guess as well.

Century Arms AR-15A2, 5.56
1946 Mosin-Nagant M44, 7.62x54R
1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380