Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Federal Hydra-Shok?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2007, 03:45 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Federal Hydra-Shok?

Is Federal Hydra-Shok a good strategy and tactic to use in self-defense?

When I first picked up my handgun from the transfer dealer, he showed me Federal Hydra-Shok and Speer Gold Dot. He recommended the Hydra-Shok, which is the one I bought as my non-practice personal defense ammo. Is using Federal Hydra-Shok a good strategy to use for personal self-defense? What is the difference between them and other hollow points? The only difference I can see is a shaft in the middle of the hollow part. What does this shaft do?

How does Hydra-Shok vs. Speer Gold Dot vs. regular hollow points compare in effectiveness?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-24-2007, 06:48 PM   #2

Default Ammo

CCI Gold Dots were designed by the same person, only a later, better design with their bonded core. Probably the best self-defense ammo on the market.

Old 05-25-2007, 01:02 AM   #3

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Federal Hydra shock?

Hello all

ROn L here = SERESURPLUS

I strongly argee with the fellow previous post, The Hydra shock, the Golnen Saber and a few others are all about the same deal! I see no real advantage of one over the other, than Hype?

It's always best to try what ya think is best, compare and see? No one can do it but you? Remember, your handgun doesn't act like mine does and no one will know if ya did it, untill you ahve that falure to feed, fire, or eject when you need it? More expensive is not the anwser, what works is? Sometimes that means buy the costly stuff, others not?

RON L

Old 01-16-2009, 08:16 PM   #4

Default Hornady Has the most impressive ammo

Hornady Has the most impressive ammo. This is what I would suggest for you if your packin a 9mm!!!
I'm just waiting for .45 rounds to be produced.

Hornady

Go to this page to check them out.

Old 01-16-2009, 08:55 PM   #5

Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

Hydra-Shoks are good defensive rounds, law enforcement personel in my area use them in thier pistols.

Century Arms AR-15A2, 5.56
1946 Mosin-Nagant M44, 7.62x54R
1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380