Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Fall Preps?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2013, 11:31 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1075 Times on 695 Posts
Likes Given: 2001

Default Fall Preps?

I was just wondering if any of you do any seasonal prepping and if so what do you do for fall?

Personally, I was thinking this would be a great time to start rounding up stuff for winter. I always keep some cold weather stuff in my BOB in the winter. This would be the time to put that stuff back in the bag.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-22-2013, 12:19 AM   #2
Proud to be an American
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 779 Times on 360 Posts
Likes Given: 367

I'm getting the firewood in for the winter, closed the pool, till the garden, lime the lawn and.........You know it would be a lot easier to move somewhere warm

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.

Old 09-22-2013, 12:30 AM   #3

Liked 10 Times on 3 Posts

Lets see I got nasal spray and allergy medications. Still not ready.

Old 09-22-2013, 12:35 AM   #4

Liked 267 Times on 188 Posts
Likes Given: 34

Picked up 2 flannel shirts at a thrift store if that counts

Mamas don't let your cowboys grow up to be babies.
better dead than red

Old 09-22-2013, 12:41 AM   #5
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

I got wood.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 09-22-2013, 12:42 AM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8428 Times on 3655 Posts
Likes Given: 1300

Firewood. Make sure the chimney cleaner has been and done his thing. Glass in for two storm doors (old style, screen in summer, glass in winter). New air filter and oil change for leaf vacuum. Lime and fertilizer for lawn. Verify scope data on deer rifles. Check fuel supply for generator. Jon boat will be going under cover for winter, but will still be using into early November.

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt

Old 09-22-2013, 02:17 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1075 Times on 695 Posts
Likes Given: 2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasquanel View Post
I'm getting the firewood in for the winter, closed the pool, till the garden, lime the lawn and.........You know it would be a lot easier to move somewhere warm
It wouldn't be that much easier. You have nice summers and miserable winters. We have nice winters (most of the time) and miserable summers. It all evens out.

Old 09-22-2013, 02:41 AM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1646 Times on 715 Posts
Likes Given: 1248

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter
Firewood. Make sure the chimney cleaner has been and done his thing. Glass in for two storm doors (old style, screen in summer, glass in winter). New air filter and oil change for leaf vacuum. Lime and fertilizer for lawn. Verify scope data on deer rifles. Check fuel supply for generator. Jon boat will be going under cover for winter, but will still be using into early November.
fire wood for the mancave( shop) until I picked a block up wrong so now suffering with a sore back.

Old 09-22-2013, 02:35 PM   #9

Liked 111 Times on 79 Posts
Likes Given: 133

Most likely trouble in this part of the country in the winter is the all too common ice storm. Three years ago, ice knocked my power out two days beginning on Thanksgiving. Last winter, we lost power for a week beginning Christmas day. A heat source, fresh water and high energy food is the primary concern. Water became a big issue as the municipal water supply ran low too so flushing a toilet was out of the question. I have been resisting buying a generator, but am losing the argument to my wife...guys often lose arguments to their wives so I think I am in good company!

Man once surrendering his reason, has no remaining guard against absurdities the most monstrous, and like a ship without rudder, is the sport of every wind.
-Thomas Jefferson to James Smith, 1822.

Old 09-22-2013, 02:57 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2528 Times on 1480 Posts
Likes Given: 1398

I can't imagine arguing against buying a generator. I love the fact that when the grid is down, we still have refrigeration, lights, freezers working, hot water, forced hot air heat, TV/internet and ceiling fans. The only thing my 5k generator won't run is our A/C. We had it hooked into our whole house wiring after Hurricane Floyd in 1999, one of the best preps we have ever done.

Sent from my (_E=MC² _)

We do not choose our future, we choose our habits and our habits dictate our future. - anonymous