Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Fall Prepping Plans?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2012, 11:48 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1162 Times on 746 Posts
Likes Given: 2196

Default Fall Prepping Plans?

I was just wondering if anyone had any fall prepping plans?

For myself, I'm getting ready for hunting season. Dove season is here and deer season is next. One thing I really want to try is making some buck skin this year. And I really need to get serious about preserving meat (besides freezing). There's also going to be a really good striper (striped bass) bite next weekend. It would be nice to be able to smoke a few!

I'm also planning on trying some cool weather vegetables, cabbage in particular.

Anyone else?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-03-2012, 11:56 PM   #2

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

What, no greens? I'm not talking about those fancy micro greens. We talkin, mustards, turnip, collard greens. Tasty, and will stay in the patch and growing until a hard freeze. Down here in the mid-south that could be Christmas, usually before though.

NEVER FORGET

Last edited by downsouth; 09-03-2012 at 11:59 PM.

Old 09-04-2012, 12:59 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
What, no greens? I'm not talking about those fancy micro greens. We talkin, mustards, turnip, collard greens. Tasty, and will stay in the patch and growing until a hard freeze. Down here in the mid-south that could be Christmas, usually before though.
Same here and I used to really look forward to greens in the fall. A little corn bread, tobacco sauce, and fresh greens and life is good. Unfortunately, every since I had my gail bladder removed I just can't eat greens. I might try a few again just to see if its gotten any better, but last time I tried it was pretty bad.

Old 09-04-2012, 01:05 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLuker

Same here and I used to really look forward to greens in the fall. A little corn bread, tobacco sauce, and fresh greens and life is good. Unfortunately, every since I had my gail bladder removed I just can't eat greens. I might try a few again just to see if its gotten any better, but last time I tried it was pretty bad.
Srraight to the throne huh ? yea, my gall bladder was removed also. Try eating a cup of yogart everyday. Really helps me avoid the sudden jolts.

NEVER FORGET

Old 09-04-2012, 01:21 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
Srraight to the throne huh ? yea, my gall bladder was removed also. Try eating a cup of yogart everyday. Really helps me avoid the sudden jolts.
It wasn't so much that as it was just making me feel really really sick. I just started probiotics and that's helped with everything. I'm guessing it's the bacteria in yogurt that's helped you? Who would've guessed we need bacteria?

Old 09-04-2012, 08:46 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLuker

It wasn't so much that as it was just making me feel really really sick. I just started probiotics and that's helped with everything. I'm guessing it's the bacteria in yogurt that's helped you? Who would've guessed we need bacteria?
Oh we definately need bacteria, millions of them inside and out just to stay alive.

NEVER FORGET