The Fall of Detroit? - Page 17
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > The Fall of Detroit?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2012, 10:42 PM   #161
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 21592 Times on 12249 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd3282 View Post
Same here axxe55. I suspect we agree more than we disagree. I'm just to old to play nice anymore. I know one thing we can agree on and that is shoobee is not firing on all cylinders.
thank you RJD, i appreciate that. i suspect we do agree more than we disagree also! but i do like a lively debate! it's more fun when the other party has a differing opinion and they are intelligent and passionate about their opinions. shoobee is i suspect a lost cause! i'd hate to see him get banned, because his comments are good source of laughter.

Old 05-13-2012, 10:46 PM   #162
mcb

Liked 68 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55
tell you what shoobee, i'll tell you some of my background because i have nothing to hide and this is a public forum. some details will be omitted for sake of my privacy and will only be general.

i am from Est Texas, and grew up mainly in Houston. i have a wife and no children and i am soon to turn 50. my father is almost 70 and and lives about a 1/2 mile from me on our family farm. he is a retired electrical engineer and served in the Air Force for 10 years. my real mother passed away a few years ago. i have i full brother and two half brothers and two half sisters.

i have been in the automotive, heavy and medium truck and heavy equipment industry for over 30 years. i have my Masters ASE certifications in all these fields and have many ICAR certifications in the collision industry. i am a self employeed contractor for a service industry.

i own my own home on a small tract of a little over 7.5 acres that i share with my current wife. i have two ex-wives also. one i was married to over year, the other i was married to for about 12 years. i have been with my current wife for almost 9 years now. i have never had children.

my interest and background in firearms comes from my father and uncles. i have an uncle who retired from the Navy and also retired from the Texas Department of Public Safety. he is the one who trained me in pistol shooting. my father trained me in rifle shooting. i also have another uncle who retired from a small sheriff's department here in East Texas and now my cousin, his son is also serving with the same department as a deputy. i also have a half brother who is a detective in a small police department in Southern California.

i didn't get to serve in the military due to medical reasons. my back was broken when i was 14 and because of this they denied me due to medical reasons. i still have many problems due to this injury to this day. i wanted to join the military and tried hard to get enlisted but was denied everytime. so i went to work doing something else i enjoyed, working on cars. that's what got me where i am today.

i enjoy fishing, shooting, reloading, working of firearms, boating, reading, watching the Texas Rangers baseball. i enjoy working in my yard and on my place. i enjoy my pets, spending time with my wife. i like to travel and sightseeing.

okay shoobee, your turn.
Access you are a man I'd be proud to call friend.

Old 05-13-2012, 10:46 PM   #163
mcb

Axxe not access darn cell phones.

Old 05-13-2012, 10:53 PM   #164

Liked 1484 Times on 898 Posts
Likes Given: 347

Thread drift has taken this post far from the original thread. The business about fire departments not risking the lives of their men on abandoned, burning buildings is a good policy. No one wants the building, no one should die for it.

If folks were truly intersted in the economic health of Detroit or other cities heading in the same direction, they would just not buy that nice Nissan or Toyota.

Comparing the current condition of the U.S. with the fall of Rome is pushing things a bit. It took hundreds of years for Rome to collapse, you or I won't be around to worry about this country's demise. We need to make some changes to return the power to the people and get rid of professional politicians. When things get bad enough, we will take those steps. As long as we have our food and circus, and we sit here fat and happy, we aren't willing to make the necessary changes. I fully believe a future generation will get off their dead asses do what needs to be done. The present generations just sit and whine. I am a firm believer that the U.S. is and will continue to be the greatest nation on earth, we just need to tweak the existing system.

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Old 05-13-2012, 10:57 PM   #165
mcb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoobee

Right about now MCB is trying to decide where to grub/steal his next hundred thousand bucks. Where is the economy the ripest for another rip off?
How's it stealing? I put up my own cash, take the risk, pay my taxes. I live debt free.

Real estate is not my profession. I invest and work very long hours to give my family a good life.

You are a typical liberal. You don't have an argument, so you attack the opponent.

Old 05-13-2012, 10:58 PM   #166

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcb View Post
Axxe not access darn cell phones.
MCB, understood! you too seem like a standup guy. i try to stand up for what i believe in and try to carry myself in a dignified manner. i have never been one to shy away from a debate and have a tedency to speak my mind. i was taught from an early age to stand up for what i believe in whether people agree with me or not. seems as though i have more friends than detractors here! thanks, i wouldn't mind having new friends either.

Old 05-13-2012, 11:01 PM   #167
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
Thread drift has taken this post far from the original thread. The business about fire departments not risking the lives of their men on abandoned, burning buildings is a good policy. No one wants the building, no one should die for it.

If folks were truly intersted in the economic health of Detroit or other cities heading in the same direction, they would just not buy that nice Nissan or Toyota.

Comparing the current condition of the U.S. with the fall of Rome is pushing things a bit. It took hundreds of years for Rome to collapse, you or I won't be around to worry about this country's demise. We need to make some changes to return the power to the people and get rid of professional politicians. When things get bad enough, we will take those steps. As long as we have our food and circus, and we sit here fat and happy, we aren't willing to make the necessary changes. I fully believe a future generation will get off their dead asses do what needs to be done. The present generations just sit and whine. I am a firm believer that the U.S. is and will continue to be the greatest nation on earth, we just need to tweak the existing system.
For the record... Honda and Toyota put more americans to work, in America, making a decent living wage than the big three!!

OH and they both have contracts with the UAW.

just sayin'...

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 05-13-2012, 11:01 PM   #168

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcb View Post
How's it stealing? I put up my own cash, take the risk, pay my taxes. I live debt free.

Real estate is not my profession. I invest and work very long hours to give my family a good life.

You are a typical liberal. You don't have an argument, so you attack the opponent.
MCB, you're fighting a losing battle. Kycol said it best, he has more experiance at being an idiot.

Old 05-13-2012, 11:05 PM   #169

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Can't we all just?

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 05-13-2012, 11:06 PM   #170
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8927 Times on 3868 Posts
Likes Given: 1398

Aw, CRAP! You leave them alone for 5 minutes......

First, this has gone WAY off the rails, and into politics.

Second, it has degenerated into name calling, petty bickering, and "Did not Did too Did not"

I am closing the thread. Several of you are also testing my laid back- beautiful Sunday state of mind, and are bucking for a time out. Shake hands, agree that you disagree, walk away. Doubt me, the next mention of your name will be someone wondering where you went.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Closed Thread