Everyone Has Their BOB, What About BOC?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Everyone Has Their BOB, What About BOC?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2011, 07:11 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Everyone Has Their BOB, What About BOC?

For the past couple of days ive been going back and reading a lot of the threads on this here section of this great site pretty closely. One thing i have noticed is that LOTS of you guys have your bug out bags prepped and ready to go, but i didn't see any threads about what clothes people would bring. Clothes dont weigh that much, and in my opinion can be some of the best survival tools, so i figured why not start something and give anyone who wants to contribute/read some good ideas?

Me personally, I would only take a few items of clothing as to not weigh myself down too much, but make sure they were important and useful enough to warrant taking along. Number one for me would be a pair of carhartt overalls and one extra pair of carharrt jeans (preferrably brown) they are very durable, warm in winter, have lots of pockets for keeping ammo or other supplies, and the double knee can be ripped out and possibly used to start a fire if nothing else is available.

A good medium weight jacket and a thick long sleeve flanel are also on my list. Again they are both durable and tough, enough to keep warm in the winter, and they do not restrict movement too much or weigh you down when wearing them. Think hunting/scouting type scenario. A nice thick pair of long johns and maybe 2-3 pairs of wool socks are a must for me as well.

The last items in my "BOC" pack if you will, are a thick plain t-shirt for warmer weather, some sort of baseball cap and a pair of heavy shoes/boots. Personally i like georgia boot romeos, very tough and still VERY comfotable.

So how bout it? Who has anything to add to this or has a list of their own? Looking forward to hearing all of yalls ideas!

Nick L.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-02-2011, 07:39 PM   #2

I keep similar clothes in a medium duffel bag that i have rigged on my BOB.
And i also have extra socks, two grandpa's and a friend who served in Vietnam would kill me if i didn't have em!
some people tend to over look socks...

"To disarm the people is the most effectual way to enslave them." -George Mason
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Old 08-02-2011, 08:06 PM   #3

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Military issued fatigues, both summer and winter wear items, including socks. Some civilian clothes to blend in if needed.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 08-02-2011, 08:18 PM   #4
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

I keep separate dry-sacs with clothing appropriate to the season ready to go all the time and swap out the dry-sac depending on the season. Right now, I've got a t-shirt, sweat shirt, socks, underwear and a spray bottle of DEET. Spring/Fall has a long-sleeve heavy cotton shirt and sweatpants in place of the t-shirt and sweat shirt. Winter includes a heavy wool or fleece sweater and thermal underwear.

Old 08-02-2011, 08:20 PM   #5

Getting some good responses so far! I forgot to add one item just for fun. Full woodland ghille suit, always good to have the option of not being able to be seen.

Nick L.

Old 08-02-2011, 08:32 PM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8877 Times on 3844 Posts
Likes Given: 1391

I keep knit gloves and a knit watchcap tucked into a tiny zippered pocket on my computer bag. They take no room at all, weigh about 2 oz, go a LONG way to stopping loss of body heat.

A waterproof windbreaker- with hood. Hypothermia can kill you in the summer.

Toss a spare set of 72" bootlaces in the bag. Multiple uses, including lacing your boots. Spare sox are a must. Wool will keep you warm even when wet.

Small DEET good. So is small SPF 50 sunblock. Got a nasty sunburn in Alaska- off the snow.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 08-02-2011, 08:52 PM   #7

Nice, i completely forgot gloves and some sort of winter hat. Something that covers my ears is nice, as they are the first thing to get cold. Maybe some kind of eye protection too, good dark and clear shooting glasses maybe?

Nick L.

Old 08-02-2011, 08:53 PM   #8

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMosin View Post
Getting some good responses so far! I forgot to add one item just for fun. Full woodland ghille suit, always good to have the option of not being able to be seen.
Ha! You didn't see that in my earlier post?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 08-02-2011, 08:58 PM   #9

Haha yeah the fatigues kinda gave me the idea for the ghille, but i think a ghille would be a little less practical, but a little more fun, after all if the SHTF anyone would need to keep their spirits up one way or another.

Nick L.

Old 08-03-2011, 12:46 AM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

In Winter, I keep an old fatigue sweater, an old Pendleton shirt, two pair of socks, two sets of boxers and a pair of jeans. In the Summer, I keep two pair of socks, two sets of boxers, a T shirt, a short sleeve shirt and a pair of cargo shorts. Everything is in subdued colors. I want to be the gray man.

Camo is all fine and dandy, but it can draw unnecessary attention.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams