Ever wonder if...
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Ever wonder if...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2009, 03:21 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Ever wonder if...

Call me crazy, but does anyone else secretly wish for S to HTF? Like, some catastrophic event that forces us to fend for ourselves, band together with like-minded individuals, slay the zombies.....all that jazz...

For example, winter of 2006 brought a major ice storm to my (and many other) area of residence. We were without power for a few days. People were worried about looting and break-ins.

Now, other than the costly damage done to some people's houses, I LOVED IT!!!! I had to have a fire going at all time, candles were placed strategically, food was rationed, doors were locked, and a steady watch was kept.

I'm not totally sure where I'm going with this, but I was just wondering if I'm out of my mind, or if there are others that share my same 'secret wish' of a zombie catastrophe, or something along those lines...

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-02-2009, 05:12 AM   #2

I don't wish for calamity, but I would welcome a national "slap in the face" to wake the people up of some kind as it would bring us togather. I could understand what your saying though. I think that train of thought could be born out of not being able to find a reasonable solution to a problem. SHTF situations can be an opportunity for some but it is a disaster for others. At this point I have no solution to this senerio we are currently in, so I am preparing for myself and my family should something "go wrong". I'm afraid mostly that the people no longer have the ambition to defend this country, the constitution, or even their own families. I wish to be proven wrong!

The truth was always the truth, even before anyone figured it out. It always was and always will be.

Last edited by MrKimber; 06-02-2009 at 04:03 PM.

Old 06-02-2009, 01:55 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by falseharmonix View Post
Call me crazy, but does anyone else secretly wish for S to HTF? Like, some catastrophic event that forces us to fend for ourselves, band together with like-minded individuals, slay the zombies.....all that jazz...

For example, winter of 2006 brought a major ice storm to my (and many other) area of residence. We were without power for a few days. People were worried about looting and break-ins.

Now, other than the costly damage done to some people's houses, I LOVED IT!!!! I had to have a fire going at all time, candles were placed strategically, food was rationed, doors were locked, and a steady watch was kept.

I'm not totally sure where I'm going with this, but I was just wondering if I'm out of my mind, or if there are others that share my same 'secret wish' of a zombie catastrophe, or something along those lines...
Self-reliance is great, but I agree, it takes teamwork to survive a real SHTF event.

“Don’t go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path…and leave a trail” -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 06-02-2009, 03:49 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I have been in similar situations, ice storms, blizzards and hurricanes. I have to say I enjoyed the survival mindset. I don't know if I would say I want the s to htf but like Kinber said, I want the slap in the face to wake America up and if that's what I takes then fine. We have been preparing for it and if/when it happens I know our preparations along with the good Lord's grace we'll be ok.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 06-02-2009, 04:16 PM   #5

Are you kidding me? The only reason my friends and I went camping in Raccoon city every summer back in high school was because we were not-so-secretly hoping for a Zombie attack! We figured if it was gonna happen anywhere, Raccoon City seemed the place to go...

Old 06-02-2009, 05:50 PM   #6

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Yes!!!!!!... i would love some type of calamity. not one that kills alot of people but a " nice " one would be good. maybe like solar flares knocking out our power grid for a couple weeks, or something of similar proportions americans wouldnt know what to do if we went into a dark age for a couple weeks. also it would help me figure out what else i need for my shtf bag, or what i dont need in it

Wars begin where u will
But they do not end where you please-Machiavelli

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- Dr. Johnson

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.." - Samuel Adams

your my best friend but if the zombies start chasing us im tripping you

Old 06-02-2009, 10:48 PM   #7

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Nude Bomb. We have the tech, why not use it? I, for one, would brave a nude bomb attack proudly.

Old 06-03-2009, 06:05 AM   #8

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
Nude Bomb. We have the tech, why not use it? I, for one, would brave a nude bomb attack proudly.
Benning, why on earth have you not been made a mod yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegatoRedrivers View Post
Are you kidding me? The only reason my friends and I went camping in Raccoon city every summer back in high school was because we were not-so-secretly hoping for a Zombie attack! We figured if it was gonna happen anywhere, Raccoon City seemed the place to go...
Um, dude, wishing for the zombies is one thing, but wishing to be at ground zero? That's not the most effective way to survive.

Old 06-03-2009, 01:17 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by falseharmonix View Post
Um, dude, wishing for the zombies is one thing, but wishing to be at ground zero? That's not the most effective way to survive.

Heading into a warzone is never the most effective survival technique, but sometimes the lives that can be saved outweigh the risks! I'm sure I'm more equipt to deal with Zombie attack than local law enforcement; I've been preparing for it for 20 years! (I'm currently 25.)

Ok, I accept your premise. Next time I die in a Zombie attack, I'll buy you a drink.

Old 06-03-2009, 02:39 PM   #10

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

[QUOTE=falseharmonix;112491]Benning, why on earth have you not been made a mod yet?

LOL! We want to keep it open here just a little longer.