Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Enough Ammo?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2012, 08:18 PM   #71
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I try to buy at least one box for each gun I have once a week. I buy .45 colt, .410 (2 1/2in), and .22lr

Old 10-25-2012, 12:14 PM   #72
dmp

Liked 17 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by sputnik1988 View Post
I think 1000 rounds of each caliber is more than adequate...

If a situation ever arose where you NEED that much:
A. You're pretty much effed.
B. You can't carry it anyway.

Short of a domestic war, or total collapse you will never NEED 500 rounds in storage.

Still, it can't hurt to have 1000 rounds, it ain't getting any cheaper...
Spot on. If we go to a New revolutionary war - or something like that...and the Gov't has even one Brigade of combat forces vs freedom fighters...Gov't wins.

Only way I'm seeing the need for more than 1000 or so: events happen destroying just about everything; we go back to living like Native Americans prior to the whiteman stealing their land. That level of tech/lifestyle. No matter how many WISH that happens; highly unlikely.

Old 10-25-2012, 03:11 PM   #73
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 714 Times on 431 Posts
Likes Given: 860

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmp View Post
Spot on. If we go to a New revolutionary war - or something like that...and the Gov't has even one Brigade of combat forces vs freedom fighters...Gov't wins.
Do you think US Soldiers, Sailors, Marines and Airman will fire on US civilians? I do not. May a few at first but not the main forces.

Quote:
Only way I'm seeing the need for more than 1000 or so: events happen destroying just about everything; we go back to living like Native Americans prior to the whiteman stealing their land. That level of tech/lifestyle. No matter how many WISH that happens; highly unlikely.
If civil society, does break down and their is wide spread civil disobedience/
rioting, Food will be the first time to run in short supply. You might be
surprised how hunger is at motivating people.

"I am prepared are you?" -- Shade

"Regulation, registration, confiscation, domination, that's the Progressive agenda." -- RED Caddy

gmaster456 Likes This 
Old 10-25-2012, 03:59 PM   #74
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 890 Times on 592 Posts
Likes Given: 1158

I'm all for ammo hoarding It fits my OCD perfectly. I have more than I'll ever be capable of firing in my lifetime. It also fits with my forward thinking of what if. Realistically thinking; how many of us live in fortified non-urban houses, or rural homes? That could fend off/withstand an attack of zombies with modern/military firearms/firepower themselves?

The majority of us will find ourselves "on the run" more so on foot to find cover and safety in the hills or wilderness. So unless we have a hideout with a cache' how in the heck can we carry everything we need on our backs? Do we go with the proverbial tactical wheel-barrow? lol

Hunters who back-pack into the primitive land know the importance of carrying a balance pack of essentials. When it comes to firearms they usually take only two, rifle and pistol. With a box of ammo for the rifle, and a 1/2 box for the pistol in magazines and speed loaders.

I don't mean for this post to become a why I should or shouldn’t just a thought on the ability to move that much ammo beyond a "bug Out" amount (whatever that amount might be)

Become steel or get cut.

Last edited by Steel_Talon; 10-25-2012 at 04:04 PM.
Shade Likes This 
Old 10-25-2012, 04:07 PM   #75
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 890 Times on 592 Posts
Likes Given: 1158

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade View Post

surprised how hunger is at motivating people

Agree,

Desperation will fuel people to do many vile things...

Become steel or get cut.

Old 10-25-2012, 05:11 PM   #76
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel_Talon View Post
Realistically thinking; how many of us live in fortified non-urban houses, or rural homes? That could fend off/withstand an attack of zombies with modern/military firearms/firepower themselves?
Me.

They just paved my road this year...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel_Talon View Post
The majority of us will find ourselves "on the run" more so on foot to find cover and safety in the hills or wilderness. So unless we have a hideout with a cache' how in the heck can we carry everything we need on our backs? Do we go with the proverbial tactical wheel-barrow? lol

Hunters who back-pack into the primitive land know the importance of carrying a balance pack of essentials. When it comes to firearms they usually take only two, rifle and pistol. With a box of ammo for the rifle, and a 1/2 box for the pistol in magazines and speed loaders.

I don't mean for this post to become a why I should or shouldn’t just a thought on the ability to move that much ammo beyond a "bug Out" amount (whatever that amount might be)
Very good points.

"Regulation, registration, confiscation, domination, that's the Progressive agenda." -- RED Caddy

Old 10-25-2012, 07:12 PM   #77
dmp

Liked 17 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade View Post
Do you think US Soldiers, Sailors, Marines and Airman will fire on US civilians? I do not. May a few at first but not the main forces.
I do. Those who refused to be mind-capped into the new society will be labelled terrorists.

Quote:
surprised how hunger is at motivating people.
I won't be surprised. I get it.

Old 10-25-2012, 08:43 PM   #78
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 756 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Quote:
Originally posted by Shade -

Quote:
I do. Those who refused to be mind-capped into the new society will be labelled terrorists.
Ditto! All they need is a belief-system to buffer the repercussion of their act.

Last edited by PanBaccha; 10-25-2012 at 08:46 PM.
HockaLouis Likes This 
Old 11-06-2012, 07:51 PM   #79

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Ammo is where its at!! A gun without ammo is useless

If you have guns/they need ammo-our government has found out that its impossible to get the guns from the people-but ammo is another story and that is the direction they are going-example how much surplus ammo have you seen lately ever ask yourself why-its because no import permits are being issued and the nations that belong to the United Nations have agreed to destroy it.What about the $ 25.00 haz mat fees by the govenment attached to the shipping or primer or powder?

Last edited by bill2390; 11-10-2012 at 11:44 PM.

Old 11-10-2012, 10:36 AM   #80
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
I won't be surprised. I get it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanBaccha View Post
Ditto! All they need is a belief-system to buffer the repercussion of their act.
Are you gentlemen Veterans?