Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Emergency Water Storage

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2010, 05:31 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoplophile View Post
Looks like it's basically a glorified dehumidifier that filters and cleans condensed water vapor from the air. The specifications say it consumes approximately 1000 Watts and produces 7 gallons of water a day. Of course, if you live in a dry or cold climate where the humidity is less than 35%, output drops to less than 2 gallons a day.

Imagine running ten 100 Watt light bulbs around the clock and getting (at best) 7 gallons of water daily in return. That's gonna be some expensive water.

In a no-power emergency, this thing would be next to useless.
Well, here are the specs.

Operation Power
EB28: 450-500W EB30: 250-450W
i think this would save your ass in a bad situation. You can also use solar and wind. Don't be so quick to write things off just because you haven't heard of something before. I would still have my other sources, but this is worth looking into.

Never forget 911

When you think of your freedom. Thank a Veteran!

Old 02-14-2010, 01:03 AM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

'Bout time for another bump for the newer folks.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 02-18-2010, 03:36 AM   #13

http://http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/item.aspx?itemid=37976&catid=459

These work well. I have one but I would like to add a few more.

Old 02-25-2010, 03:11 PM   #14
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8406 Times on 3642 Posts
Likes Given: 1299

Well. No, not a delay- what works for me is my well. I have a bucket and rope w/ pulley for days of no power. No filtration needed- working thru sand, clay and rock do that naturally. Have considered picking up a pitcher hand pump "just in case", but bucket works.

For folks that do not have a well, remember you have some emergency water in your water heater. Turn off the power/gas, attach a hose to the drain cock at the bottom, open a hot water faucet to admit air, turn the valve at the bottom. You should do this at least once a year anyway to clear sand/sediment that builds up there normally.

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt

Old 02-25-2010, 06:19 PM   #15

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

That water bob isnt a bad idea, even if you dont use a bathtub you could throw together a tub sized box made of plywood, could even put it in the back of your truck. Like CA said rather have em than not, they're on my next order.

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. Thomas Jefferson

Old 02-26-2010, 04:17 AM   #16

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by shirt001 View Post
I just came across this site. Never heard of this before, but it says it makes water from the air. If it is legit, it would solve all of my drinking water problems. It is called the EcoloBlue 28 Atmospheric Water Generator . What do you think?

EcoloBlue 28 Atmospheric Water Generator | EcoloBlueâ„¢ Life & Energy
Hard to imagine having electricity and NOT being able to find water. Just sayin'.....

"Guns don't kill people. Male Kennedy's kill people."

Old 03-30-2010, 06:18 AM   #17

Liked 10 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Could be useful, but the only thing about the 'tub bladder is that if a storm or earthquake unexpectedly hits it would not be immediately useable since the infrastructure might be gone before you would know that you should start storing.

I suppose it could be filled from other sources, but then why not just have jugs/barrels. Not a bad idea, but I wouldn't rely on it as my one hope for water. I would still boil/sterilize the water stored in it also.

A possible supplement to this bladder would be the Berkey Filter! -I saw this in another thread, so yes, I am stealing someones thunder -
I lost the website, but here's the title - google it and it should bring the site up.

*Home Made Berkey Water Filter*
By: Daire
22 January 2008

You can make a water cooler and storage tank for about $7!

Old 03-30-2010, 06:21 AM   #18

Liked 10 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Yes, it brings you to the site on google.

just search the whole title.

*Home Made Berkey Water Filter*
By: Daire
22 January 2008

It still isn't a source of water, but it will purify anything that you can get into it.

Old 03-30-2010, 07:43 AM   #19

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Pretty neat. WE have a ton of springs around here. There's a few within 200 yards of my house. It's where I get a lot of my drinking water now. I figure if it was good enough for the houses that stood here many years ago it will do fine for me.

Old 03-30-2010, 05:53 PM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Here's a set up to make a system similar to the Big Berkey: Cheaper Than Dirt - America's Ultimate Shooting Sports Discounter

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams