Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Survival & Sustenance Living Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f51/)
-   -   Emergency Water Storage (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f51/emergency-water-storage-20905/)

CA357 12-09-2009 05:13 AM

Emergency Water Storage

I bought two of these. They're inexpensive and they make a ton of sense to me. If you have a bathtub, you're good to go.

WaterBOB: emergency drinking water storage

dunerunner 12-09-2009 05:38 AM

Great Idea...Wish I'd thought of it!! :(

LotzORemmies 12-12-2009 04:57 AM

but it's not filtered... we live in california!! Have you seen our water reports... wow. But still a badazz thingy to have.

Old Sarge 12-23-2009 12:24 PM

Water Bob

The only bad thing about the whole mess is: we live in the Ozark Mountains, and never know when power is going out. It can be very fickle at times. If we had a spare bathtub, problem would be solved. :D

spittinfire 12-23-2009 01:35 PM

I may have to pick one of these up.

CA357 12-23-2009 01:36 PM

Well, all things considered, I'd rather have them than not have them. When it comes to some things in life, I'm a belt and suspenders guy. ;)

Remember, three is two, two is one and one is none.

gorknoids 12-29-2009 11:05 PM

That thing will also take you on your first trip to Tijuana if you can't decontaminate the water it holds. Hell, even then you're betting that you won't ingest chunks of lead-laden plastic that the Chinese "workers" used to build it.
Scrub your tub with bleach, fill it, then boil everything you remove for consumption and forget the bag.

shirt001 01-04-2010 04:23 AM

Water from air? Might be true?

I just came across this site. Never heard of this before, but it says it makes water from the air. If it is legit, it would solve all of my drinking water problems. It is called the EcoloBlue 28 Atmospheric Water Generator . What do you think?

EcoloBlue 28 Atmospheric Water Generator | EcoloBlue™ Life & Energy

CA357 01-04-2010 05:06 AM

I have no idea if it's for real or not. It sounds good, but so does converting lead into gold. ;)

Hoplophile 01-04-2010 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shirt001 (Post 208177)
I just came across this site. Never heard of this before, but it says it makes water from the air. If it is legit, it would solve all of my drinking water problems. It is called the EcoloBlue 28 Atmospheric Water Generator . What do you think?

EcoloBlue 28 Atmospheric Water Generator | EcoloBlue™ Life & Energy

Looks like it's basically a glorified dehumidifier that filters and cleans condensed water vapor from the air. The specifications say it consumes approximately 1000 Watts and produces 7 gallons of water a day. Of course, if you live in a dry or cold climate where the humidity is less than 35%, output drops to less than 2 gallons a day.

Imagine running ten 100 Watt light bulbs around the clock and getting (at best) 7 gallons of water daily in return. That's gonna be some expensive water.

In a no-power emergency, this thing would be next to useless.