The Egypt Crisis, what are you doing about preps? - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > The Egypt Crisis, what are you doing about preps?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2011, 03:29 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5011 Times on 2430 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Preparation...I'm well armed and pay attention to the political yard signs durring election season so the easy pickins are already identified..."That was a joke"

Not a Joke...I spent 6 months on the Sinai Peninsula back in 92 with the 2/502nd Inf Btn, 101st as part of the "Multi National Force and Observers", did a little cross/training with Gypo military and they are a bunch of scary unprepared constripts.

CA357 is right, Mubarak is a putz but he's been our putz. This is much like the fall of the Sha in Iran with the threat of an Islamofaciast take over. America needs to either get on the right side of history and back the younger moderate factions or be prepared to take, hold, and defend the Suez canal with a PERMANENT occupation force.

Anyone got Hillaries phone number so I can call her before the BO admin FUBAR's this one just like the way they sat on their hands durring the Iranian uprisings 18 months ago...

TACK

Last edited by Tackleberry1; 01-30-2011 at 03:32 PM.

Old 01-30-2011, 07:45 PM   #22

Liked 57 Times on 42 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Screw that. If Egypt turns, I'm just sitting back and letting the Mossad handle it.

Vae Victis

Old 01-30-2011, 09:21 PM   #23
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

I'm working on emptying the gas I have stored (it's been about six months and it's due to swap it out) and replenishing my supply.

I got a bunch of seeds in the mail the other day, so my veggies, herbs and some medicinals are taken care of.

Getting a bike is a really good idea. That Kawasaki M1030 (KLR 600-ish) looked pretty good.

The good news is that if the SHTF between now and 2012 and gas prices skyrocket, so will the cost of everything we depend on that uses oil in its creation or in its distribution. Obama will be on the hook for that at a very inopportune time.

Old 01-31-2011, 12:00 AM   #24

Liked 24 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 162

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
Getting a bike is a really good idea. That Kawasaki M1030 (KLR 600-ish) looked pretty good.
I'm about to do the same, my VT1100C is pretty but not as versatile.

MALO PERICULOSAM LIBERTATEM QUAM QUIETUM SERVITIUM

Old 02-01-2011, 04:11 AM   #25

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I had 25 gallons (5 x 5 gallon cans) of gas that had not been rotated in about 4 months and my tank was almost empty. I used those to fill my tank and then refilled them all. You sure do get some looks at the gas station when you do that. Lol! I usually try to do that sort of thing one can at a time, but I did not want to take any chances. There was also a good sale at Target on ground beef, so I picked up 30 pounds and vacuum sealed it into one pound packages.

Old 02-01-2011, 05:01 AM   #26

Liked 36 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by wldennis View Post
I had 25 gallons (5 x 5 gallon cans) of gas that had not been rotated in about 4 months and my tank was almost empty. I used those to fill my tank and then refilled them all. You sure do get some looks at the gas station when you do that. Lol! I usually try to do that sort of thing one can at a time, but I did not want to take any chances. There was also a good sale at Target on ground beef, so I picked up 30 pounds and vacuum sealed it into one pound packages.
Hahaha. I know the look! My gas station knows me, so I take them all at once.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 02-07-2011, 04:24 AM   #27

Liked 24 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 162

Quote:
Originally Posted by wldennis View Post
I'm getting a 55 gallon drum & Stabil for gasoline storage. I hear a fuel stabilizer & a metal container prolong the storage life of gas for about a year.

MALO PERICULOSAM LIBERTATEM QUAM QUIETUM SERVITIUM