Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Edible Plants for the Desert Dweller....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2011, 07:31 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 692 Times on 459 Posts
Likes Given: 712

Default Edible Plants for the Desert Dweller....

I found this site wandering around the internet and found it very interesting.. It shows some edible plants in the desert, like Mesquite, Palo Verde, Ironwood, and Pricky Pear... as well as telling you how to process them..

Desert Harvesters: Appreciating the Native Foods of the Southwest

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-02-2011, 07:46 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Thanks

Thanks for the link. We have been doing some roughing it type camping and hiking on weekend in the Ojito Wilderness in New Mexico. This past weekend the proper way to eat prickly pear pads was the subject. Now I have the advantage next trip. Google Ojito wilderness and check out the pictures. It's about 25 miles from my house so it is an easy get away. The stock ponds are all dry now so bring your water.