East Coast Situation - Page 8
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > East Coast Situation

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2012, 10:13 AM   #71
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1029 Times on 686 Posts
Likes Given: 677

Quote:
I wonder how using gas that's harder to ignite somehow makes the generator more efficient?
If I'm not mistaken, it's got nothing to do with how hard it is to ignite. More to do with how much energy is contained in a unit of fuel. Propane has more energy per gallon than NG, and Gasoline has more energy per gallon than propane.

Also if I'm not mistaken, diesel is more efficient than gasoline.

Old 11-15-2012, 10:37 AM   #72

Liked 134 Times on 109 Posts
Likes Given: 43

Stabil will make your fuel last much longer. I always put stabil in my lawnmowers. They sit all winter with fuel in the tanks and fire up with just a few pulls. I also use stabil in my chainsaw fuel. The fuel conditioner in 2 cycle oil does nothing to prolong the life of the fuel.

Do not accept anything other than stabil as a fuel conditioner. We are talking less than a $1 to treat five gallons of fuel. I am happy to pay an extra dollar for a proven product.

"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/

Last edited by Old_Crow; 11-15-2012 at 10:40 AM.

Old 11-15-2012, 01:41 PM   #73

Liked 75 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 291

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Crow View Post
Stabil will make your fuel last much longer. I always put stabil in my lawnmowers. They sit all winter with fuel in the tanks and fire up with just a few pulls. I also use stabil in my chainsaw fuel. The fuel conditioner in 2 cycle oil does nothing to prolong the life of the fuel.

Do not accept anything other than stabil as a fuel conditioner. We are talking less than a $1 to treat five gallons of fuel. I am happy to pay an extra dollar for a proven product.
+1 on that, Stabil is great stuff.
By the way, I love the "Gunslinger" signature you use!

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, but evil is not overcome by fleeing from it"

Jeff Cooper

Old 11-15-2012, 09:01 PM   #74

Liked 1029 Times on 686 Posts
Likes Given: 677

Quote:
Stabil will make your fuel last much longer.
Quote:
Do not accept anything other than stabil as a fuel conditioner.
Quote:
The fuel conditioner in 2 cycle oil does nothing to prolong the life of the fuel.
I have heard the exact opposite. StarTron seems to be the best product now. OR even better; Tru Fuel. Contains no alcohol and says right on the can that it stays fresh for 2 years after opening. Comes in 50:1, 40:1, and four stroke versions.

Old 11-15-2012, 09:32 PM   #75

Liked 4148 Times on 2032 Posts
Likes Given: 802

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter

If I'm not mistaken, it's got nothing to do with how hard it is to ignite. More to do with how much energy is contained in a unit of fuel. Propane has more energy per gallon than NG, and Gasoline has more energy per gallon than propane.

Also if I'm not mistaken, diesel is more efficient than gasoline.
Yes, fuel has BTU value. The crappiest stuff has the most BTU content.
Bunker C, which is a grade above road tar has the most BTU content. We use it in our ships.

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...