Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > East Coast Situation

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2012, 09:43 AM   #61
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1449 Times on 747 Posts
Likes Given: 1208

One of the restaurant owners up here has arranged with SYSCO, a major restaurant supplier out of Albany, to have a tractor trailer load of dry goods sent to Sandy victims. SYSCO’s donating the transportation and ‘selling’ us the goods at their cost. He got about half of the funds from the other restaurants in our small village. The rest is being raised (was raised? I’ll have to check) from people in the community. It’s not much, but it’s what we could do.

Last edited by Vincine; 11-09-2012 at 11:33 AM.

Old 11-09-2012, 10:21 AM   #62

Liked 644 Times on 433 Posts
Likes Given: 390

Super volcano, huh? I never got to see that show, it was on a channel we don't get. I did see the doomsday bunker one, I think that's what it was called, never really got into that one, either.
That firefighter might not be laughing, though. Everyone saw him on TV, and now they know what he's prepped for, and what he's got, so I bet he's had a couple thousand visitors in the last few days, LOL.

Why do people here sound vindictive?

Last edited by clr8ter; 11-09-2012 at 10:24 AM.

Old 11-09-2012, 11:33 AM   #63
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1449 Times on 747 Posts
Likes Given: 1208

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter View Post
. . . .Why do people here sound vindictive?
My bad. I got my threads mixed up, sorry. I deleted that comment.

Old 11-10-2012, 11:15 PM   #64

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

First Mother Nature Screws us with a perfect Storm.? Then the Liberal Democrat's & etc. Screw us with the Muslim's Re- Election.? For another 4 yrs.? That's if the country lasts that long with him in again.?

Old 11-10-2012, 11:37 PM   #65

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Gas goes bad in a month, huh ?
I got a car that was left in a garage for TEN YEARS and it started and ran with what was left in the tank. I drove it to the gas station and filled it up. Still driving it today.

I have a 5KW Honda generator I bought at the ALDI grocery store for about $400. Not only did it run my 3 refrigerators, the electric stove (gen had 220 output) and some lights I had hooked up to it, I ran my computer, monitor and modem with it back in July when the storm deprived 250,000 of power for a week. I'd run it for about 3 hours to get the freezers down to cold. During that time I had internet. Shut it down for about 3 hours til the temperature inside in the freezers came back up into the high 30s and then I restarted the generator.
I also used my propane grill - STEAKS from the freezer !
I also had my guns ready but didn't need them. And someone said something about bragging about bigger guns (must be kinda like "penis-envy" or something) but if you practice, your 22 will kill a looter just as dead as his 44 CALLAHAN.

Bottom line, I WAS READY/PREPARED. You/They should be too ! There's no excuse.

Someone said: being prepared is very important, but the reality is not everyone is always going to be fully prepared.
Someone else said: the stupid is incredibly thick lately!

Yes, I have to agree about the stupid.... And it seems to be getting THICKER by the minute.

Old 11-10-2012, 11:50 PM   #66
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 334 Times on 192 Posts
Likes Given: 602

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
These people are not too damn smart. They stood in line to vote Obama back in office. They then returned to cold homes with no food and water. They set down to wait for government aid workers to come and help them. Problem is Obama took some time off to Shoot Hoops with the movie stars.
They reap what they sow.... now they are mostly forgotten about....Tango Sierra if they dont like it! I have very little sympathy for stupidity!

Member: GOA, NRA

"Nil desperandum (never despair) is a model for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it.” - Samuel Adams

Old 11-12-2012, 04:04 AM   #67

Liked 3678 Times on 1755 Posts
Likes Given: 619

I have very little sympathy for city people.

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

Old 11-14-2012, 12:11 AM   #68

Liked 812 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepejeep View Post
First....I was talking about those people who are intentionally ripping people off during a hardship AND criminals dressing up like fireman and the utilities company to gain access to peoples homes. Those criminals will be met with Mr. Smith and Wesson. Maybe you should spend as much time reading as you do prepping.
Maybe you need to word things more clearly. Whatever...[/QUOTE]

Enough with the tougher-than-the-first-tough-guy stuff Jeepe. U sound like every south shore lawn guy land poser who is out to beat the world yet would do little but hide from, or until, the Nassau County police's arrival; sh_t_ng not shooting.

In any case Hussein Obama got it right. What the people in the emergency needed most was Chris Christy's patting the President on the back with his sausage-like fingers and the President giving food-stamp recipients a 50% bonus this month. Those really happened as you may know...

Old 11-14-2012, 02:31 PM   #69
dmp

Liked 17 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJ View Post
One other thing I should have mentioned about generators. I only use premium fuel. It is 20 cents a gallon higher but it lasts longer and the generator run smoother. I live in AZ so we dont get the crappy CA mix. I had nothing but problems with my outboard engine on CA fuel. The ethanol in the gas also destroys the resin based fuel tanks in some boats. It breaks down the resin and it ends up in your carburetor.
Propane powered generators dont produce as much power for the equivalent size (approx 20% loss) but if someone is worried about long term fuel storage it is a good option.
I wonder how using gas that's harder to ignite somehow makes the generator more efficient?

Old 11-14-2012, 02:43 PM   #70

Liked 75 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 291

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis View Post
Maybe you need to word things more clearly. Whatever...
Enough with the tougher-than-the-first-tough-guy stuff Jeepe. U sound like every south shore lawn guy land poser who is out to beat the world yet would do little but hide from, or until, the Nassau County police's arrival; sh_t_ng not shooting.

In any case Hussein Obama got it right. What the people in the emergency needed most was Chris Christy's patting the President on the back with his sausage-like fingers and the President giving food-stamp recipients a 50% bonus this month. Those really happened as you may know...[/QUOTE]

Get it straight when you post a quote! I did NOT post those comments you attribute to me!

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, but evil is not overcome by fleeing from it"

Jeff Cooper