Dressing the part~~ - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Dressing the part~~

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2012, 08:52 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Default So Which Is It Already?

Quote:
Originally Posted by W. C. Quantrill View Post
My point is, I am already bugged out. We left the city 5 years ago. I am dug in, I will hide in plain sight, and I will mingle with the masses, and I will never be suspected, and I will come back to the house and sit in the easy chair and sleep in my comfy bed, and eat whatever we have for a meal. I dont intend to run and hide in a cave.
Here we go again. Excuse me: avoid contact? YOUR plan is quoted above. To GO into cities (which you pretended were the same as suburbs). To UNbug out, at will. To INITIATE contact with the unwashed masses.

You may take being challenged personally, but I think the readers deserve you at least picking a story and sticking to it.

Old 07-07-2012, 09:06 PM   #42

Liked 36 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Hockey, you are really getting on my nerves. Your hijacking the thread and twisting and contorting what was said is obvious. It is no wonder that no one likes you. Other than that, you are not worth the effort that it would take me to reply to you.

NRA Life
Whittington Center Life
Times are tough, ammo is expensive, there will be no warning shots.

Old 07-07-2012, 09:09 PM   #43
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21997 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis View Post
Here we go again. Excuse me: avoid contact? YOUR plan is quoted above. To GO into cities (which you pretended were the same as suburbs). To UNbug out, at will. To INITIATE contact with the unwashed masses.

You may take being challenged personally, but I think the readers deserve you at least picking a story and sticking to it.
personally, i think you are the only one who doesn't seem to understand what he's trying to say. the rest of seem to grasp his concept very well.

short version for you! if you need to move about other people for whatever reason, try to blend in and not stick out. wear whatever blends in. if everyone is wearing jeans and work type shirts, wearing camo clothing is going to bring attention to you, whether it's good or bad.

Old 07-07-2012, 09:15 PM   #44

Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by W. C. Quantrill
In regards to survivalism in case this mess goes to SHTF, the first thing that most pilgrims want to do is run out and get camo suits.

Those who are prepared, will not be found in camo or military attire of any sort. The need is to get lost in the crowd.

Think about it. Why would you want to telegraph your intent or become a target. What does paramilitary dress do for you other than to identify you? If you cant walk down a street and disappear, or step into a crowd and disappear, you need to rethink your strategy. Jeans and khaki work shirts are far better camouflage than military garb. Most of you will never get off a paved street. Even then think of how the standard green camo stands out in a dry tan stand of grass.....

That's all.
So does that mean I need to invest in a ton of "skinny" jeans, fitted t shirts, flip flops and a visor? I live in a college town....
Guess I'll have to grow my freaking hair out to. Damn hippies.

Old 07-07-2012, 10:40 PM   #45

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
So does that mean I need to invest in a ton of "skinny" jeans, fitted t shirts, flip flops and a visor? I live in a college town....
Guess I'll have to grow my freaking hair out to. Damn hippies.
And have a neon rubber wrist-band you never take off from a $2 Amnesty International donation to show you're sensitive at the Rave. Anyway, it's clear to me too now, thanks, that "the point was exactly that, dont call attention to yourself, avoid contact" and simultaneously "hide in plain sight, and... mingle with the masses."

OK, I won't ask for clarification any more and will adopt the emperor's new clothes plan. That way I too can retreat back and forth between a secluded alpine ranch and a midtown apartment (there's nothing in between) safe and unnoticed when SHTF.

Last edited by HockaLouis; 07-07-2012 at 10:51 PM.

Old 07-07-2012, 10:54 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis
And have a neon rubber wrist-band you never take off from a $2 Amnesty International donation to show you're sensitive at the Rave. Anyway, it's clear to me too now, thanks, that "the point was exactly that, dont call attention to yourself, avoid contact" and simultaneously "hide in plain sight, and... mingle with the masses."

OK, I won't ask for clarification any more and will adopt the emperor's new clothes plan. That way I too can retreat back and forth between a secluded alpine ranch and a midtown apartment (there's nothing in between) safe and unnoticed when SHTF.
I didn't mean to stir up any crap. I was being sarcastic about the fact that 80% of the guys around here dress... Lets just say ya can't always tell which team their batting for.

Old 07-08-2012, 06:45 AM   #47
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8842 Times on 5118 Posts
Likes Given: 11546

I figure that the politicians and lawyers will still be identified by how they dress. Use it to our advantage!

Politician. Rope. Lamp-post. Some assembly required.

Old 07-08-2012, 07:45 PM   #48

Liked 55 Times on 52 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad
I figure that the politicians and lawyers will still be identified by how they dress. Use it to our advantage!

Politician. Rope. Lamp-post. Some assembly required.
Aye!!!! " get a rope "

Old 07-12-2012, 03:35 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by W. C. Quantrill View Post
It is 21 miles from where I sit to the nearest paved road. There is no possibility of 50 people coming up my driveway with shotguns. They would not have survived the community alert. We here in the Great Plains do not share the same risk as those of you in heavily populated areas.
Even with whatever attrition goes on, that 79 % that was mentioned will eventually be too much for that sparsely populated 21%. Community alerts or not. You wont be sleeping in your bed comfortably as you said. You'll be doing the brute labor of keeping yourself alive and guarding what you have to make sure that others don't steal it away while you are comfortably in your bed

I think that you are being overly optimistic.

Old 07-12-2012, 04:25 PM   #50

That 79% VS 21% is going to even out a lot. Don't think for a second that every one in the cities are going to magically band together and raid the countryside. They're going to turn on each other first.