Dow dropping- SHTF begins? - Page 6
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Dow dropping- SHTF begins?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2011, 11:48 AM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindenwood View Post
+1 knfxda

i can see how he might see your post as he saw it, but i don't think that's how you meant it. It seemed a casual observation that people who have been able to earn and hold on to money will be fne, but people who haven't, won't.
thank you!

Old 08-09-2011, 06:10 PM   #52

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGonzo11 View Post
Good morning, its going to be a balmy 122 degrees here in Milwaukee today November 4th 2037. King Obama the Wise today enounced he will inact QE2268 TODAY after QE2267 failed to boost the market YESTERDAY........On a lighter note Unemployment decreased by .00023% in October, dropping the Unemployment rate to 57.65003%, things are looking up........
If that wasn't so scary it would be funny.
Well actually it is funny.

Old 08-10-2011, 04:12 PM   #53

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Been watching England, selling out of baseball bats. Thugs are stealing the clothes off peoples backs. Making them strip naked. How would you bug out in these riots? Sheeple have no guns. Now I read This, Fears of food riots strike Japan after rice trading is halted due to a 40% price spike triggered by massive hoarding of the remaining radiation free rice supply. from shtfplan.com . I know of citizens of Mexico that have extended their stay in Arizona taking orders for TV's and such. Preplanning the riots in Phoenix it appears. Goverment has been warning us of civil unrest. Just remember the Korean shop owners in the LA riots and keep plenty of ammo. They never had to fire a shot though. OPSEC: where do you live? High density housing in low income areas and the adjoining upscale areas that always appear after redevelopment are the first target. Make your plans. At the first sign of trouble bug out of that area. Go to the country club area of town. Have some food and relax and think. Do not go to the police station in the affected areas. The police station in a high value target. Avoid large shopping areas also. Go to a small town or as far away in the "Burbs" as you can get in a more affluent neighborhood. Listen to the radio and watch tv news. Have maps of the areas. Know where the riots are, stay in a very wide circle away from that area. Start making your written plan today. When the excitement hit's even well trained people lose their thoughts. Have your plan and check list ready. Laminate them so the ink won't run if they get wet from tears, rain or fire hoses. No pitty parties, what if's and why me stuff. It's Time to find you inner Rambo.

Old 08-10-2011, 05:15 PM   #54
Is it Friday yet?
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

OK, so help me understand. If I live in a high density low income area and the S starts HTF, I should bug out to a better part of town? Or leave the "burbs" and go to a small town far away?

If I live in a high density low income area, how am I going to be able to go to a better part of town and stay? And stay where, when I get there? I'm sure the Jones aren't going to think to highly of me camping out in their back yard, after the cops on that side of town kick me off of the park bench I was homesteading.

Old 08-10-2011, 06:28 PM   #55

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

No you don't camp out there. This is your first place of realitive safety. This is where you stop and get you S@#T together. Calm the kids down. If you study civil unrest you will see it seldom in developed countries moves into the "nicer Neighborhoods". Money buys more police protection and national guard. There are no Wal-marts or Bust Buys in the country club areas. There are McDonalds because soccer Moms require it. I live in the subburbs, our homes are just 8 wheels short of being site built mobile homes like the parks the built in the 1960s. How ever we are 7 miles from the nearest shopping area. You have to move to safety quickly before the area becomes too dangerous to travel in. It's not a matter of rich and poor or haves and have not's. If you don't have people who live in Nicer neighborhoods, the Burbs or a small town I suggest you develope some relationships now. People involved in riots and civil unrest will not out of their own fear move very far out of their own areas. By the time that area is wipped out the police and guard have it locked down.

Old 08-10-2011, 06:41 PM   #56
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy Michalik View Post
OK, so help me understand. If I live in a high density low income area and the S starts HTF, I should bug out to a better part of town? Or leave the "burbs" and go to a small town far away?

If I live in a high density low income area, how am I going to be able to go to a better part of town and stay? And stay where, when I get there? I'm sure the Jones aren't going to think to highly of me camping out in their back yard, after the cops on that side of town kick me off of the park bench I was homesteading.
No doubt you've heard of bug-out bags on this and other forums. What isn't often mentioned - but should be - is a bug-out location. If you're going to leave home because staying there is too dangerous, you have to have one or more locations planned way ahead of time and stocked with necessities. You should know multiple routes to your BOLs.

As for whether or not to get out of an urban setting, watch and listen. Don't get caught by surprise.