Dow dropping- SHTF begins? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Dow dropping- SHTF begins?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2011, 01:47 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 32 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

The trigger will be a rapid and unimaginable rise in food, gas and commodities. At that point, you can start to worry.

People get the government they deserve.

Old 08-05-2011, 02:44 AM   #12

Liked 2058 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

Any major change in the country's finances and political control the stock market drops. Sometimes worse and sometimes not so bad, but either way it is a waiting game to see where and what happens.

Old 08-05-2011, 02:47 AM   #13

Likes Given: 2

I think the drop is just the market righting itself back to the correct level. It grew, for seemingly no real reason after last year 800 point drop, to levels that nobody predicted or understood.

Where the real problem lies is in the volatility of the European markets, Italy and Spain are about to fall off a cliff and NOBODY has enough to save them. If the dominoes start dropping over there and we haven't climbed far enough out of our slump yet we may get pulled down with them.

The immediate problem which NOBODY is talking about is the huge livestock losses in Texas because of the drought and the massive losses in Corn and Beans in the Grain belt due to the opposing floods and droughts. The only succesful Corn this year is in Nebraska and Iowa and it is almost exclusively contracted to the ethynol plants, most of the remaining corn will barely pass for silage. On top of that the U.S. just commited a huge amount of corn to a contract with Japan. Here is Kansas and Missouri they are talking about not having enough corn for feed for the Cattle, Hogs and more importantly the chickens. Tyson has several large processing plants in central western Missouri and there are literally hundreds of huge chicken operations there to support them. No Silage means no chickens, no chickens means increased prices at the counter. Not to mention every other product made of corn or fed by corn. This on top of our already inflated food costs.

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” -HST

"In a nation ruled by swine, all pigs are upwardly mobile—and the rest of us are F###ed until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. We owe that to ourselves and our crippled self-image as something better than a nation of panicked sheep."-HST

Old 08-05-2011, 06:16 AM   #14

Liked 32 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGonzo11 View Post
I think the drop is just the market righting itself back to the correct level. It grew, for seemingly no real reason after last year 800 point drop, to levels that nobody predicted or understood.
Where do you think all that TARP money that has been paid back went?

People get the government they deserve.

Old 08-05-2011, 05:53 PM   #15

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

The last few months I have been watching European news on TV. They will give you a new prospective on the world economy that we don't get from our mainstream media.
I believe it comes out of Berlin. If you want to have any advance warning on the economic downfall, keep a close eye on Germany.

Old 08-05-2011, 08:08 PM   #16

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
There is enough hundred mile an hour tape to hold things together until at least the 2012 elections. That is guaranteed to be a very interesting time. After that, who knows?
The election. That's the key point they hope we make it too. We are in the melt down creep today. A big natural disaster in CONUS will be our early down fall. As the money becomes worthless my rates go up. My mortgage is US dollars. May pay the house off quickly with worthless US dollars.

Old 08-05-2011, 08:26 PM   #17

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caoimhin

The election. That's the key point they hope we make it too. We are in the melt down creep today. A big natural disaster in CONUS will be our early down fall. As the money becomes worthless my rates go up. My mortgage is US dollars. May pay the house off quickly with worthless US dollars.
Only positive there is. Pay everything off in one check. LOL!

Sent from my HTC using FirearmsTalk

Old 08-05-2011, 09:31 PM   #18
Is it Friday yet?
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Funny how when we think of a big natural disaster we associate it with something acute like a hurricane, earthquake, tornado or flood.

But it was reported last night that the drought down here in Texas is the worst since the 1950s.

I'd call that a big natural disaster.

Forecasters: Drought may persist for another year - Yahoo! News

Old 08-06-2011, 12:46 AM   #19

Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunerunner View Post
Where do you think all that TARP money that has been paid back went?
Good point.

I still can't get my head around TARP, so sketchy. I don't really understand it so I may be way off base.

Its amazing, to me, that as jumpy as the market has been that the goverment can come in and insure all those BAD investments with money it doesn't have. Then somehow that comforts investors enough to "stabalize" the markets, goes to show you how flakey these people really are.

Then the money comes back in repayments and that in turn adds more artificial "stability".....AND even though TARP is supposed to protect against profiteering the artificial stabilization actually in turn increases the value of the bad loans etc. F'ing ridiculous!!.....add it to the long list of smoke and mirror brain busters that keep streaming out of Washington/WallStreet.....

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” -HST

"In a nation ruled by swine, all pigs are upwardly mobile—and the rest of us are F###ed until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. We owe that to ourselves and our crippled self-image as something better than a nation of panicked sheep."-HST

Old 08-06-2011, 03:16 AM   #20

Liked 759 Times on 484 Posts
Likes Given: 238

And now the US credit rating was just down-graded. It might be the start of bad things. The market will react in a very bad way on Monday. It will be just like doing the limbo "how low can you go"

Just walking on the edge of of my grave.