Dorm-legal BOB - Page 2

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Dorm-legal BOB

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2010, 04:53 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Bluesky View Post
Covered, mentioned in the OP. I walk three or four miles a day around campus, not to mention I'm an avid hiker during the summer, so I've definitely got good boots.
Sorry, I missed that part. Please don't hit me.

Old 02-21-2010, 04:56 AM   #12

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey-you-guys View Post
Sorry, I missed that part. Please don't hit me.
One a' these days, Alice! Straight to da moon!

Ruger Mk III Competition .22 LR, S&W M&P Pro Series 9mm

Old 02-21-2010, 04:58 AM   #13

Liked 22 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Hey man I feel your pain. I couldn't even keep a folding knife in my dorms (Campus police took it) what I did was keep it all in my car. If you have no car, then you have a problem. I would suggest a good multi-tool as it has many purposes and the police handed it right back to me when they took my knife. Also, if you have a roommate I would try and get him on board with the prepping. Other than that try and keep it light and read some of the lists on here, TONS of good info, and no one can think of everything. Also, if your planning on hoofing it I would use the internet to find some good resting/camping spots along the way. Also, Bugging in is always the best idea. Hope I helped.

we're Americans and we pray for peace, and if we can't have peace we find and destroy the people who screwed up the damn peace. So we can have some peace. - Christopher Titus

Old 02-21-2010, 07:01 AM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Moleskin! Pack some.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 02-21-2010, 02:49 PM   #15

Good sturdy well fitted boots. With new bioots, put on with good cushion sole socks, then soak the boots in water and walk in them until they're dried That will stretch the leather amd mold it to your feet. I've never had a blister or a corn. I have EEEE wide feet, so I like a Munson Last type boot. Second, at least three pairs of good socks. Change several times a day, and they'll dry tied to your pack harness. Don't forget toilet paper. Leaves just don't do it, and there's always the possibility of poison ivy. A GI entrenching tool. With a sharpened edge can be used as an axe if necessary, and perhaps a 15 minute highway flare. They'll start a fire under almost impossible conditions. Average walking speed over rough ground is about 2 mph, however 3 mph on roads is easy. The Roman mile was 1000 paces, that's 2000 thirty inch steps. A space age blanket makes a good ground sheet, and the heat reflecting side will reduce body heat loss under adverse conditions. About 8 drops of iodine will purify a canteen of water, BUT you must learn to practice water discipline. The trial hike sounds like a good idea. Good luck, and I hope you never have to use the emergency kit!