Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Doomsday preppers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2012, 02:33 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I like the show- because of it my dad bought another 500 round case of .22, a couple cases of .308, an a serpa holster for me lesson learned. Ask dad for stuff at the right time. Next week he's ordering a couple 5 gallon drums w/ lids at cheaper than dirt.

Old 02-11-2012, 09:34 AM   #22

Just days after appearing on the National Geographic TV Show Doomsday Prepper, a prepper from Tennessee has been declared Mentally Defective and his guns have been seized by the government.

http://offgridsurvival.com/doomsdayprepperdeclaredmentaldefective/

Old 02-11-2012, 12:06 PM   #23

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineDoc
Just days after appearing on the National Geographic TV Show Doomsday Prepper, a prepper from Tennessee has been declared Mentally Defective and his guns have been seized by the government.

Wow that's crazy,

Old 02-11-2012, 01:24 PM   #24
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5120 Times on 2666 Posts
Likes Given: 310

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineDoc View Post

Be careful about passing judgement on such things. There is often waaaaay more going on than what certain folks want you to believe.

He violated the rule of three. Shoot Shovel Shutup. Going on tv especially the discovery channel or history channel is prolly not the best idea in staying under the radar. I just have a hard time feeling sorry for morons who do truly stupid stuff like that.

Personally i would say just saying yes ill be on your reality tv show is grounds to be declared mentally defective

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Last edited by JonM; 02-11-2012 at 01:32 PM.

Old 02-11-2012, 02:47 PM   #25

Bummer for the guy in TN. I don't think being on the show was his downfall. Making quirky jokes with his DR. Is what did him in.

I watched the show and will continue to watch. There are some good tips that everyone can pickup from the show, just not to the extreme they take it. I live in FL and when hurricanes come through and knock out the power for a week or two they have some good tips I can put to good use. I already have a generator and can get by pretty good but I've already seen some things I can do to make life even better when we have to go without power for an extended time.

For people who don't get the NatGeo channel you can go to their website and watch some clips of the Doomsday Preppers show.

Old 02-12-2012, 12:26 AM   #26

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Anyone know the name of the documentary that started the show?

Old 02-12-2012, 04:35 PM   #27

Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 18

Why would the girl from Houston want the public to see all of her stored preps, as wall as the pics of her apartment building. In the event of a SHTF there will be folks knocking down her door, for sure.

Old 02-12-2012, 05:01 PM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 756 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

I taped the series. Pretty intense. On the down side it further aggravates the disgust I have for all politicians and corporations who make up current government.

Old 02-12-2012, 05:07 PM   #29

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattledog
I dont get the channel its on I could see bias happening though. I wish "the colony" didn't get canceled I liked that one.
You can search it on YouTube if you don't have the channel. It's in 7-8 min sections though so you gotta keep clicking part 1-4 and so on.

Old 02-12-2012, 09:36 PM   #30

Liked 72 Times on 42 Posts

in order for the sheriff to pick him up wouldnt there have to be a paper from a court/judge? they cant just pick u up on a doctors say can they?