Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Doomsday preppers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2012, 01:02 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

This is on NatGeo and they have a big liberal agenda - I am going to give it a shot and see how it goes.

Old 02-08-2012, 06:31 AM   #12

Liked 72 Times on 42 Posts

watched both shows tonight, not bad had some good ideas, liked the shipping containers, but what about zoning? would be nice for underground storage. Nice he had some military/ex-military in his group good bug out plan, liked his attitude on what nat-geo said about his food being in one place.

Old 02-08-2012, 12:17 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 33 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintsplat View Post
watched both shows tonight, not bad had some good ideas, liked the shipping containers, but what about zoning? would be nice for underground storage. Nice he had some military/ex-military in his group good bug out plan, liked his attitude on what nat-geo said about his food being in one place.
Agreed.. I recorded both episodes but was only able to watch the first one before heading off to bed.. I thought the fella with the shipping container compound was pretty cool. The young kid looked like he wasn't into it though.. Anywho, some of the reasons for prep'n seem to be a little out there and get pointed out later in each segment. Case in point: The likelyhood of the poles shifting.. I know mother natures got some stuff going on and there are more quakes hitting the world than ever before, I just found their reason for prep'n a little lame... I think we've got a better chance of a zombie apocolyps than a polar shift

NRA Life Member, Georgia Gun Owners
www.RCGunworksllc.com

" Guns have only two enemies: RUST & POLITICIANS"

"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms"

The U.S. Constitution: The 2nd Amendment is in place in case the Politicians ignore the others"

Old 02-08-2012, 12:38 PM   #14

Liked 72 Times on 42 Posts

polar shifts do happen, it just doesn't happen over night. and I don't think south america is going to break off and head north.

Old 02-08-2012, 10:27 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 312 Times on 184 Posts
Likes Given: 62

The type of things that most of these people are prepping for will cover many different scenarios. It might be that the show producers are pinning them down to a particular calamity that way everyone doesn't just say it is all for when the SHTF.

Old 02-08-2012, 10:31 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 588 Times on 378 Posts
Likes Given: 535

I dont get the channel its on I could see bias happening though. I wish "the colony" didn't get canceled I liked that one.

"You can have it fast, cheap and accurate...pick any two."~Me

"Educate and Inform the whole mass of the people. Enable them to see that it is their interest to preserve peace and order, and they will preserve them." ~Thomas Jefferson

Old 02-08-2012, 11:31 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1155 Times on 741 Posts
Likes Given: 2180

I was surprised to see NatGeo take the whole thing pretty serious rather than just trying to make preppers look crazy. They had some good tips, and the knowledge some of those people had was impressive; even the hippy in L.A.

Old 02-09-2012, 12:38 AM   #18

It was much better than I thought. Though the girl from Houston seemed really out of shape for someone who supposedly works out 4 hrs per day like she said. I swear she must know the producer because it didn't seem like she really had much going for her except a lot of stuff thrown into a second bedroom.

Old 02-10-2012, 01:49 AM   #19
bar

I saw both episodes as well. There was definitely some good ideas and info to see from most of it. Unfortunately with NatGeo being so liberal I definitely believe that their main goal is to try and poke fun at these people and make them look nuts. They did not specifically come out say anything like that it is just an overall feeling you get from what kind of questions they are asking them, to get their comments and opinions, and also just the way it is edited. I will keep watching because I believe there will still be good info to get from it, I just hope they don't start going too negative with the show and try to make any of us preppers look crazy.

Old 02-10-2012, 02:20 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by bar
I saw both episodes as well. There was definitely some good ideas and info to see from most of it. Unfortunately with NatGeo being so liberal I definitely believe that their main goal is to try and poke fun at these people and make them look nuts. They did not specifically come out say anything like that it is just an overall feeling you get from what kind of questions they are asking them, to get their comments and opinions, and also just the way it is edited. I will keep watching because I believe there will still be good info to get from it, I just hope they don't start going too negative with the show and try to make any of us preppers look crazy.
I agree that I am VERY leery of NatGeo. We will see how it goes.