Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Doomsday preppers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2012, 03:46 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Doomsday preppers

Anybody heard of this new show?
Supposed to debut on February 7 on nat geo channel. Looks like a cool show to check out, anyone seen the trailer? What do you think?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-30-2012, 03:55 PM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I had seen the documentary that this show was based on. Some people are just Looney but there are a ton of great ideas and ingenuity. I am very curious to see some of the stuff shown.

Si vis pacem, Para Bellum.
"If you want peace, Prepare for war"

Old 01-30-2012, 05:06 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 33 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Just hope they're not gonna make folks look like kooks... I hear the documentary kind of leaned that way in some instances.

NRA Life Member, Georgia Gun Owners
www.RCGunworksllc.com

" Guns have only two enemies: RUST & POLITICIANS"

"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms"

The U.S. Constitution: The 2nd Amendment is in place in case the Politicians ignore the others"

Old 01-30-2012, 05:57 PM   #4

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I'll give it a go for at least one episode. If it turns out like some of the other idiotic reality shows, it won't get a second chance.

Old 01-30-2012, 05:58 PM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOldMan
Just hope they're not gonna make folks look like kooks... I hear the documentary kind of leaned that way in some instances.
Yeah I hope so too. It could steer non-gun people into thinking "wow these people with guns are insane" but I guess it all depends on how the editors make the final product.

Old 01-30-2012, 06:01 PM   #6

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Maybe they'll feature the red jacket flame thrower or at least the suppressed grenade launcher.
I'm holding out for my phaser. I thought that's why we developed the space program. All I got was tang and Velcro. Oh, and where's my jet pack?

Last edited by Belltactical; 01-30-2012 at 06:08 PM.

Old 01-30-2012, 06:03 PM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanNinja
I had seen the documentary that this show was based on. Some people are just Looney but there are a ton of great ideas and ingenuity. I am very curious to see some of the stuff shown.
I didn't know this was based off a documentary. I'm also really curious to see not just the gun & ammo preppers but the people that have huge amounts of food in storage.

Old 01-30-2012, 06:07 PM   #8

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank827

I didn't know this was based off a documentary. I'm also really curious to see not just the gun & ammo preppers but the people that have huge amounts of food in storage.
They had one family that was almost completely self sufficient. They turned an in-ground pool into a pond to raise fish, above the fish was a vegetable garden and above that was chickens. The chicken would feed off of compost and their "droppings" would fertilize the garden, the garden would gather insects which would eventually fall into the pool to feed the fish. Pretty cool.

Si vis pacem, Para Bellum.
"If you want peace, Prepare for war"

Old 01-30-2012, 06:23 PM   #9

Liked 52 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 59

A blogger wrote on this subject today. I check him out almost every day. He sounds ok about it. He was given a preview of the first show.

http://teotwawkiblog.blogspot.com/

Join the NRA! Stop the Brady madness!

Old 01-30-2012, 06:32 PM   #10

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireguy
A blogger wrote on this subject today. I check him out almost every day. He sounds ok about it. He was given a preview of the first show.

http://teotwawkiblog.blogspot.com/
Thanks for posting that link. Kinda sucks that the producers make them choose one disaster they're prepping for. I wonder why they'd make them choose...