Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Dollar Collapses Tomorrow - Now What?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2013, 05:49 PM   #51
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7311 Times on 4246 Posts
Likes Given: 9421

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38 View Post
Not sure about that buttload thing, somehow describes something that stinks more than lots of something! Must be regional, we try not to carry Buttloads and frown on inconsistencies like "Taking a Sh!t", thats crazy, you dont take a Sh!t, you leave one! Unless your a one of those NY City turd smuggler or something strange like that, (Thats frowned upon in these parts of NY)!

We refer to that as a Buckload around here when we dont want to curse (Thats not often, I like cursing), not to be confused with Buckshot, two completely different critters, I suppose you could have a Buckload of Buckshot. "Ive got a Buckload of bullets" is proper usage, I think that comes from the word Buckboard or "crappy ass wagon without sides"! Back then when they came up with the phrase, they didnt have bungees like we do now so a Buckload wasnt as much then as it is today.

Thats not to be confused with a Sh!tload either, thats a whole different system of measure. Saying you have a Sh!tload of Bullets isnt very descriptive, its more of a semi liquid measure, "I have a Sh!tload of beer, let"s have at it" is more apropos.

Proper Rural Engliss Etiquette is impotent, otherwise you might be confused with one of those citified critters weve grown to dislike!
I hear we now have a Metric sh!tty-butt-load of health insurance coverage available these days.......

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
WebleyFosbery38 Likes This 
Old 11-17-2013, 06:10 PM   #52
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 39 Times on 29 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38
Not sure about that buttload thing, somehow describes something that stinks more than lots of something! Must be regional, we try not to carry Buttloads and frown on inconsistencies like "Taking a Sh!t", thats crazy, you dont take a Sh!t, you leave one! Unless your a one of those NY City turd smuggler or something strange like that, (Thats frowned upon in these parts of NY)! We refer to that as a Buckload around here when we dont want to curse (Thats not often, I like cursing), not to be confused with Buckshot, two completely different critters, I suppose you could have a Buckload of Buckshot. "Ive got a Buckload of bullets" is proper usage, I think that comes from the word Buckboard or "crappy ass wagon without sides"! Back then when they came up with the phrase, they didnt have bungees like we do now so a Buckload wasnt as much then as it is today. Thats not to be confused with a Sh!tload either, thats a whole different system of measure. Saying you have a Sh!tload of Bullets isnt very descriptive, its more of a semi liquid measure, "I have a Sh!tload of beer, let"s have at it" is more apropos. Proper Rural Engliss Etiquette is impotent, otherwise you might be confused with one of those citified critters weve grown to dislike!

I was appealing to the "imperial" part more than the butt part but good to know who's got a a** fetish