Do You Have An Economic Survival Plan?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Do You Have An Economic Survival Plan?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2009, 03:42 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 25 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Do You Have An Economic Survival Plan?

We've got all the beans and bullets we need in case the SHTF, but do you have a plan just to get through this bad economy and stay gainfully employed? Here are a few things to think about in getting ready for economic uncertainty:

Building an Economic Survival Plan - Associated Content

Of course, if everything completely collapses, we can just garden, go fishing, and hunt squirrels. That'll almost be easier . . .

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-25-2009, 03:47 PM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Those are suggestions that everyone should heed even in the best of times. It would be great if good financial planning became a virtue in this nation. We really need to get over our collective sense of entitlement.

Old 02-25-2009, 04:00 PM   #3

You cant exactly plan to be employed. You can have a job and work, but the company can lay you off or fire you.

S.S.

Old 02-25-2009, 04:06 PM   #4

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

So? The Lottery isn't a good first option? How about robbing a bank as a good fall back plan?

Damn it.... I need to go back to the drawing board....

Seriously though, that is some good advice and worth the read. Thanks for putting it up there...

JD

Old 02-25-2009, 04:55 PM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Your president just helped me get a part time job at a local gun/sporting goods store last week. It appear there were over 300,000 more background checks at the end of 2008 as there was at the end of 2007. If things keep going the way they are right now, I should be game fully employed for a long time. Buy more bullets, eat more venison. Hunter Joe

Old 02-25-2009, 10:01 PM   #6
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
So? The Lottery isn't a good first option?
The lottery is a tax for people who failed Statistics 101.

Quote:
How about robbing a bank as a good fall back plan?
No good: the money's not worth anything.

Quote:
Damn it.... I need to go back to the drawing board....
I sold it. Sorry. Then I bought some ammo.

It's an interesting article, and one I'll need to chew on a little bit. The points are sound, but somewhat contradictory (eg: your first task is to have six months of savings in your account, but the second item calls for paying off debt. The third item calls for an alternate revenue stream which is damn well what I'd need in order to do both items 1 and 2! ) It's great in concept but difficult to implement in real life.

The rest of it is fine, good advice.

Being the obsessive-compulsive sort that I am, my recommendation is to keep several hundred dollars (or more) AT HOME in a safe. If things go south, you may not be able to get your money out of the bank.

Money itself may deflate in value very, very quickly. You should maintain a healthy stash of other items of intrinsic value. I recommend gold, silver, booze, and cigarettes. Keep the ammo for yourself.

My recommendations pertain to a somewhat gloomier outlook than that of the author of the article. But I wonder if the author, Mr. Spain, has read the stuff I've read....

Old 02-26-2009, 03:05 PM   #7

Liked 25 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
It's an interesting article, and one I'll need to chew on a little bit. The points are sound, but somewhat contradictory (eg: your first task is to have six months of savings in your account, but the second item calls for paying off debt. The third item calls for an alternate revenue stream which is damn well what I'd need in order to do both items 1 and 2! ) It's great in concept but difficult to implement in real life.
Yeah, once you build up a little savings or knock down a credit card, you find out that your car needs tires...and brakes....and shocks or some expensive combination thereof. And, then, the pink slip comes...

Old 02-26-2009, 03:25 PM   #8

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
The lottery is a tax for people who failed Statistics 101.

No good: the money's not worth anything.

I sold it. Sorry. Then I bought some ammo.
Damn it, foiled all the way around. That's it, I am going to rob Fort Knox instead. The Gold will at least be worth something.

Now, where did that McGuyver Fort Know Robbery Kit get off too?

JD

Old 02-26-2009, 05:09 PM   #9

Liked 9 Times on 3 Posts

Prosti...er, no.

9x18=Makarov

Old 02-26-2009, 06:17 PM   #10

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

I will just raid all the homes with no firearms. Then once that runs out I will start hunting hippies. I wonder how they taste smoked?