directional listening devices
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > directional listening devices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2011, 08:38 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default directional listening devices

Not sure if this is the right section of the forum, but places that sell survivalist equipment sometimes also sell earphones with directional microphones -- they pick up noises -- animals, human conversations, etc -- from a distance if they are aimed at them.

I am wondering what the state of the art is in these devices, and if there has been any improvement or miniaturization to make them less obvious.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-16-2011, 11:45 AM   #2

Liked 50 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 1

You think this is too conspicuous??

But seriously, scroll down to the Shotgun Microphone and see if this is what you're looking for.

12FRETTER

Old 04-17-2011, 11:42 AM   #3

Default I have 2...

Mine are biodegradable, friendly but not green. A good dog is better than a bulky machine.. They also are multipurpose..

Old 04-20-2011, 07:20 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12fretter View Post
You think this is too conspicuous??

But seriously, scroll down to the Shotgun Microphone and see if this is what you're looking for.
thanks for responding, this is good site overall.

but if memory serves Delta Press was featuring one that had a directional mic that fit in the breast pocket of a shirt ($149).

The one here is too obvious for urban use. I was wondering if the technology had changed over the past couple of years.

The one on this site for $29 seems too cheap to be useful but...