Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Defense for Car Jacking?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2007, 01:59 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by RONSERESURPLUS View Post
Speedracer

RON L here = SERESURPLUS

While I do carry 24/7, I find a Handgun a bit slow and not easy to use, I've opted to carry 20% O.C. Spray in a Rack in the Car. I had one attempt at A robery while in my Car and I sprayed him a FULL CAN! Green Dye in that 20% OC made it hard to say it was not himn when he went for help at the Local Hospital Clinic! LOL Worked for me, You might wanna consider that! Better than Killing someone when you really don't have to?

IF He Grabs your car door he needs killing

When outnumbered 2 to 1.
Shoot twice!

Gopher

Old 07-20-2007, 03:20 AM   #12

Default leaving room

leaving room is very important it should be done always, not only in case of a car jacking, leaving room when driving or stopped allows for manueverability in case of trouble. getting hit from behind doesnt throw you into the car in front of you, and it allows you the ability to move if necessary. outside lanes with room are even better because that allows you to gun it.

Old 10-28-2007, 04:30 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by pioneer461 View Post
Ditto what dgunsmith said.

Plus; Leave yourself an escape route. If you are in traffic, try and stay in a lane, usually on the right, which will allow you room to maneuver. Drive on sidewalk, if you must. Don't stop too close to the car ahead of you. If you are at a stop light, run it. Keep your doors locked and windows up.

Having a firearm can be an advantage, but sometimes it is quicker and easier to simply drive away. Basic survival is situational awareness and avoiding places of possible trouble. Sometimes it is unavoidable to find yourself vulnerable. In that case, let 'em have your insurance company's car.

Agree keep your distance at lights and stop signs. always give yourself an out..

Vince

Old 01-24-2008, 08:50 AM   #14

I had a buddy that hid a pushbutton switch on the floor beside
the drive and if the switch wasnt on the fuel pump wouldnt work.
Comply with all demands.
Give em the car and before you exit reach down and tap the
switch and then run away from the car.

The car will run terrible or stall very quickly leaving the thieves
frustrated. Then you can slowly stalk the bad guys as they
are trying to get the car running with your drawn pistol
and shoot their kneecaps off and or the top of the arch in
their feet. Unless they are armed or threatening.
Of course if that is the case then head shots called for.

Old 01-24-2008, 02:40 PM   #15

Default Happened to me

I was in Ft. Lauderdale taking my friend home from the airport around midnight. I pulled up to a stop light and soon I saw the car next to me bolt right through the red light. I thought, "that is very strange." Right then the passenger door was open and my friend(mind you shes weighs about 95 pounds) tried to pull it back shut and lock it. She did pull it shut but she did not get it locked. Before I could react my door was opened and a hand reached across my chest grabbed my shirt and and tried to pull me out. I threw it into first, peeled off, and the door slammed shut. The James Bond getaway was pretty sweet since no one was hurt. Unfortunately it could have ended with the girl or me in a body bag. Lesson #1 Lock doors. Lesson #2 Leave Space to Bail. Lesson #3 If you have a gun know how to use it.

Old 01-25-2008, 06:32 AM   #16

A friend of mine got carjacked with his 10 year old, nearly deaf, German Shepard in the back seat. The dog knew the sound of the car door, and could still hear it, so when the hole closed the door, Alphie arose, and he was not happy. Car jacker had an issue with a big, mad dog in a small space.

Arrested at the hospital. Your mileage may vary.

Old 02-14-2008, 11:26 AM   #17

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

As others have mentioned, keep doors locked and windows up at all times. When you're at stoplights, in parking lots etc., keep your eyes peeled. Scan your surroundings and rearview mirrors intensely.

Be sure you're packing a big enough caliber handgun to get the job done. If you're able to get the drop on the perps, shoot to kill. Don't pop off a round in the air to try and scare them away, and don't just try to wound them by aiming for their leg or something.

True story: A guy I know looked in his side mirror and saw a carjacker trying to sneak up to his door at a stoplight. He opened the door and popped off a round to try and scare the perp away.

The perp ran back to his accomplice's car, and they took off. So my aquaintance starts driving down the road thinking the perps were gone for good. All of a sudden the perps pulled up beside him and caught him by surprise.

One of them opened fire on him, and caught him in the thigh with a hollow point. He fired back and they took off, but the damage was done. The hollow point is still in his thigh to this day, because his surgeon told him it was lodged too close to a major nerve to risk removing it.

The police also impounded his car for several weeks, so he had to rent a car at considerable expense to himself, and he told me he pretty much had to jump through hoops to get it back. To add insult to injury, the perps were never caught, and the cops also investigated him since they thought the incident might be a "dispute" amongst drug dealers.

Fortunately, he came up clean. He learned his lesson though. He told me if something like that ever happens to him again, he's going to shoot to kill the FIRST time.

Last edited by Defender; 02-17-2008 at 07:30 AM.

Old 02-14-2008, 05:52 PM   #18

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Friend was going home very early one morning, and a whole bunch walked across the street figuring he would stop. NOT, he just floored it and he laughted his A** off as they scrambled.

Old 03-10-2008, 12:06 AM   #19

I have never had someone try to car-jack me before, but if I did I think that I would turn the car off and throw the keys into the passenger seat and tell them its all theirs. Once I was out of the vehicle I would draw on them and tell them to get out on the ground or get shot.

But like I said I have never been in the situation so I have no idea how well my plan would go over.

Old 03-16-2008, 11:15 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopher View Post
IF He Grabs your car door he needs killing
there are alot of ppl out there that need killing
but if they get to close than there dun in my book i will take my chances in front of a jury of my peers