Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Survival & Sustenance Living Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f51/)
-   -   Deep , I do mean...Really DEEP ! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f51/deep-i-do-mean-really-deep-83617/)

dango 02-07-2013 04:07 AM

Deep , I do mean...Really DEEP !

Well , I am almost 13,000 ft. ! How do I know that and what should I expect..?
How the hell am I gonna set up a base camp in such deep snow..?:confused:

Also BC ,Alberta Border "THE GREAT WHITE NORTH" . I'm several miles from the closest town , which would be "Dunster" ,and somewhere near the peak of MT. Robson .! I got my back-pack , me and all these WHITE TOPS JUST DIEING TO KILL ME..! :eek: I"m Polish and I got some Kool toys and know just what to expect.! ;)Altimeter with barometer along with topo maps and compass , That's how I KNOW I'm at 12,972 ft. ..! If you can't read a map and can't relate data (Correlation) ability to understand this data , buy your toys and learn (How) on familiar terrain..!

I got about 16ft. wind pack under my skis and know it could swallow me whole.!
Cautiously with my left ski , I break the wind pack crust and stick my ski pole
in that fracture to see by pressure if it stops ! ..:eek: If it don't , I move on and look for more stability . That means this snow is relatively new and unstable.! Or (Leeward) which I will splane near the end..! Hoo Yaa.! :D

Pay dirt , Stability..!:) I got the weight of me (+) all my gear..! 300 lbs.(+)..!
Probing . The ski pole stops and compresses the snow at about 4 meters , just shy of 4 ft. ..! :) Home , for a while anyhow.!

So many (rules of thumb here) experience , logic , UN-common sense , I'm gonna take a break and continue tomorrow! :p

Do I have any interests yet ? Is anybody out thar..? :D

Dang , I spend more time "EDITING" my mistakes than I do writin this crap..! BAN GRAMMAR NAZIS'..!:p :)

TaurusUserPT92 02-07-2013 04:11 AM

Subscribed. I miss being able to take trips like that. Due to circumstances it'll be years before the wife lets the chains go so I can go out and trek

dango 02-07-2013 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TaurusUserPT92 (Post 1127425)
Subscribed. I miss being able to take trips like that. Due to circumstances it'll be years before the wife lets the chains go so I can go out and trek

(SIGH) I'm feelin ya Bro , The pain , oh the pain....!:( :)

Dango , almost unchained again ..! :D

dango 02-07-2013 04:54 AM

:DBan Grammar Nazis' Part Two-eth........! :D

COMA , course not , I'm still standin ain't I..! :confused: :D

NotMormon 02-07-2013 05:16 AM

Don't wake up any Griz dango!

dango 02-07-2013 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NotMormon (Post 1127471)
Don't wake up any Griz dango!

I would be the "grammar nazi" magnet , they will will come , I , shall then ,

"Rebuttal" , with some sort of stupid joke , which is my "NATURE..! :D

NotMormon 02-07-2013 05:34 AM

You used too many commas and you shouldn't have capitalized "rebuttal" or "nature".:D Don't worry, there's a guy on here that never capitalizes the first word of ANY sentence and gets away with murder. You should be fine;).

dango 02-07-2013 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NotMormon (Post 1127477)
You used too many commas and you shouldn't have capitalized "rebuttal" or "nature".:D Don't worry, there's a guy on here that never capitalizes the first word of ANY sentence and gets away with murder. You should be fine;).

Commas , again , I'm Still Standin Ain't I .? :p :D

Like A Fish...........! :p

dango 02-07-2013 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TaurusUserPT92 (Post 1127425)

They do make day packs and such!

My wife and I have negotiated and have come to this agreement !

Don't bitch , come with me ! Well if you are having problems believing me , then you surely won't believe her either ! :D You would NOT believe where I have taken this spirited woman ! :D I would die to save her so I draw the line and she accepts and understands me totally !

She has absolute faith in me , hell of a lady ! (SIGH) :)

PS: I have driven this fair lady to Xanax at times , Sorry bout that.!:D

TaurusUserPT92 02-08-2013 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dango

They do make day packs and such!

My wife and I have negotiated and have come to this agreement !

Don't bitch , come with me ! Well if you are having problems believing me , then you surely won't believe her either ! :D You would NOT believe where I have taken this spirited woman ! :D I would die to save her so I draw the line and she accepts and understands me totally !

She has absolute faith in me , hell of a lady ! (SIGH) :)

PS: I have driven this fair lady to Xanax at times , Sorry bout that.!:D

I could take the wife but then what's the point of going on a hike. Plus not only will I have the pack ill have the baby on the front it's a little awkward going up and down with a baby Bjorne on the front of me pack on my back plus my sidearm. We went on a six mile hike over the summer of only 1000ft and I swore I was going to topple over with the baby going down.