Declining In Standard of Living? - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Declining In Standard of Living?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2013, 09:28 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 674 Times on 371 Posts
Likes Given: 1414

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
Why have our jobs gone to China? Maybe it has something to do with libtards trying to overtax everyone. Why should a corporation stay here when they are going to be heavily taxed? It's cheaper for them to go to China. It's a smarter business move.
.... That and the cost of labor... Not to mention having to deal with the ever increasing power & greed of Unions. Those companies that decide to make a stand and stay in the U.S. often go to "right to work" states... Like some did in the 80's when they relocated to North Carolina... About the time I entered the serious full time workforce.
Old 08-22-2013, 09:37 AM   #42

Liked 1350 Times on 830 Posts
Likes Given: 313

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd3282 View Post
I feel sorry for you chain. I know we've had our differences but I truly hope you don't choke on the kool-aide. Corporations are the ones that gave us the standard of living we enjoy. The government has done it's best to harm business in every way possible. Politicians, and I don't care what side of the aisle they are on have created this mess. The jobs have gone to china because the government has made it so difficult for them to make a profit in this country. Profit is not a dirty word. Without it there would be no 401k's and other retirement plans. No research. No new medicines. No new technology. The government does not create jobs, business creates jobs. When you drive out the business all that is left is unemployed people. No jobs, no taxes to feed the greedy pigs. It's pretty simple, I don't know why some people don't get it.
If you believe that organizations like The Bank Of America, Monsanto, Walmart, and ADM are working to improve your life, you are living in cloud Cookoo land. Most everything you buy comes from China in order to support the wealth of the top few percent.

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

People Like This 
Old 08-22-2013, 03:28 PM   #43

Liked 257 Times on 150 Posts
Likes Given: 185

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
If you believe that organizations like The Bank Of America, Monsanto, Walmart, and ADM are working to improve your life, you are living in cloud Cookoo land. Most everything you buy comes from China in order to support the wealth of the top few percent.
If you own a business are you gonna buy a product for more money and be beat by a competitor, or find the cheapest product you can to keep your prices competitive. That's just common business sense. If we could get more production back in the US for cheaper production cost these companies wouldn't have to buy chinese crap product.
Old 08-22-2013, 03:45 PM   #44
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1178 Times on 755 Posts
Likes Given: 2283

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
The worst part is that they sell a bunch of useled junk that nobody freaking needs, yet the stupid masses buy it up anyhow.
I agree with that and I blame our problems on everyone. I blame the right, the left, the corporations, the government, and the average American because we are the consumers buying cheap foreign junk, letting other people who don't share out values invest our money in 401K's and so on, and we vote for the two corrupt parties. We're all to blame on this. With that said I'm not to concern about the "who"; I'm more interested in the "what now?"

Most of us prepare for some sudden catastrophe but I don't think many of us prepare for a slow gradual decline. How many of you are prepared to make minimum wage and live off that? How many of you are prepared for not having health insurance or for having no job for an extended period of time? What can you do to pick up a few dollars to keep the lights turned on this month? I think this is what a lot of us need to be preparing for.

For me, like with capitalism, it's all about the means of production. So long as you have the means to produce something of value you can get by.