Declining In Standard of Living? - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Declining In Standard of Living?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2013, 10:25 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1449 Times on 880 Posts
Likes Given: 337

Since the 1970s the productivity of the American worker has improved by above 70%, the wages have only improved by 5%. Guess who has gained the benefits from the difference?

I entered the full-time work force in 1970. At that time, a blue-collar job could support a family, buy a home, have a vacation and live the American dream. Now it takes two wage earners to eek out a living.

The folks at the top have figured out how to wring every dime out of the working people and figured out how to make them blame it on the government.

It is not our elected government we need to fear so much as the corporations who really control our destiny. (and our elections) Your jobs have gone to China, your wages have gone to hell, the profits have gone to the top 1%, and many of you have fallen for the misdirection play.

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Last edited by Chainfire; 08-21-2013 at 10:29 PM.
People Like This 
Old 08-21-2013, 10:39 PM   #32

Liked 257 Times on 150 Posts
Likes Given: 185

Whats the cause of our jobs going to other countries, and companies not being able to pay their employees well? I know for small business it is because of the government. My families business paid out more in taxes last year than we did in 2000-2003. The cost of health insurance for employees has more than doubled for us in the past 3 years. At the end of 2011, obama said that he wouldnt raise the federal taxes not one red cent on payroll, well that's kinda funny cuz the in 2012 my taxes were increased 30 dollars a week on my federal. I believe we need major overhaul in the nations tax code. We also need to have a major overhaul of the EPA. They are causing a lot of problems in this nation for no other reason but greed.

Old 08-21-2013, 10:39 PM   #33
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6563 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
Since the 1970s the productivity of the American worker has improved by above 70%, the wages have only improved by 5%. Guess who has gained the benefits from the difference?

I entered the full-time work force in 1970. At that time, a blue-collar job could support a family, buy a home, have a vacation and live the American dream. Now it takes two wage earners to eek out a living.

The folks at the top have figured out how to wring every dime out of the working people and figured out how to make them blame it on the government.

It is not our elected government we need to fear so much as the corporations who really control our destiny. (and our elections) Your jobs have gone to China, your wages have gone to hell, the profits have gone to the top 1%, and many of you have fallen for the misdirection play.
Why have our jobs gone to China? Maybe it has something to do with libtards trying to overtax everyone. Why should a corporation stay here when they are going to be heavily taxed? It's cheaper for them to go to China. It's a smarter business move.
Old 08-21-2013, 10:50 PM   #34
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:

I'm not saying you are wrong, but most corporate earnings should flow through the corporation to the stockholder in the form of dividends. The biggest holders of stock are retirement funds, mutual funds, and nonprofits, last I heard, and these funds are in turn held by people. So, are really rich people the only people invested in mutual funds, retirement funds, and such?

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Last edited by orangello; 08-21-2013 at 10:53 PM.
People Like This 
Old 08-21-2013, 11:57 PM   #35

Liked 2502 Times on 1124 Posts
Likes Given: 2409

Quote:

I feel sorry for you chain. I know we've had our differences but I truly hope you don't choke on the kool-aide. Corporations are the ones that gave us the standard of living we enjoy. The government has done it's best to harm business in every way possible. Politicians, and I don't care what side of the aisle they are on have created this mess. The jobs have gone to china because the government has made it so difficult for them to make a profit in this country. Profit is not a dirty word. Without it there would be no 401k's and other retirement plans. No research. No new medicines. No new technology. The government does not create jobs, business creates jobs. When you drive out the business all that is left is unemployed people. No jobs, no taxes to feed the greedy pigs. It's pretty simple, I don't know why some people don't get it.
Old 08-22-2013, 12:37 AM   #36
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21578 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

another problem in the decline of the middle class, is the more taxes heaped upon them to fund the social and welfare programs for the lazy and entitled masses, who are sitting on thier lazy butts watching tv in their government assisted housing, eating food bought from food stamps and other benefits, instead of working for it like regular person.

free, there is no such thing as free. someone has to pay for all these welfare and social programs. well guess what, they stick it to the middle class adn again take more. as a nation, we tend to reward laziness with more and take more from those who are just trying to survive.

waht would tickle me to death is let those lazy deadbeats starve to death, by eliminating all those welfare programs and putting their sorry butts out on the street and let them either work for a living like the rest of us, or starve to death.

Old 08-22-2013, 01:09 AM   #37

Liked 717 Times on 463 Posts
Likes Given: 229

I (choke) agree somewhat with Chainfire. Government and Corporations need to share the blame. Simply because they are so tightly intertwined. Corps pay politicians to pass laws that favor the Corporation. That is why many Corporations pay no taxes what so ever and some even get a kick-back from the IRS besides. Some of the things that could be done to fix that is strict term limits(one or two terms max), flat tax on all businesses, end all subsidies to everyone.

Just walking on the edge of of my grave.

People Like This 
Old 08-22-2013, 01:34 AM   #38

Liked 2502 Times on 1124 Posts
Likes Given: 2409

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiwall View Post
I (choke) agree somewhat with Chainfire. Government and Corporations need to share the blame. Simply because they are so tightly intertwined. Corps pay politicians to pass laws that favor the Corporation. That is why many Corporations pay no taxes what so ever and some even get a kick-back from the IRS besides. Some of the things that could be done to fix that is strict term limits(one or two terms max), flat tax on all businesses, end all subsidies to everyone.

You can't tax business. Taxing business should stop immediately. If you tax a business, what do they do? 1. they charge more for the product so really you are paying the tax. 2. they close up shop and now the government can't even collect income tax on the employees. If politicians were passing laws that favor business then they wouldn't be moving to china. Since it is painfully clear that corporations are fleeing the country I'd say the argument that government is passing laws that favor corporations is bogus at best.
Old 08-22-2013, 02:20 AM   #39

Liked 16 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLuker View Post
I'm gradually noticing a decline in our standard of living, at least in this area. It seems declining wages and inflation are really starting to show. It's especially showing among the young people. Their cars are getting older and more run down. I can't count the number of vehicles that have to open their doors at drive thru windows because their electric windows don't work. I've also been surprised at how many walk to work because they don't have a car. Every one of them has a smart phone but most don't seem to have much else. They talk about McDonald's dollar menu like most of us use to talk about McDonald's regular menu back when their regular menu was the cheap food. When did copper and steel become valuable enough to actually steal?

I'm in no way knocking anyone for not having much (I've been there) but it just seems like the overall standard of living is really on the decline for a lot of people and I'm not sure how many have even noticed?

I was just wondering if anyone else is noticing the same things in their areas? And if so, do you think this going to be a long term trend?
The way our leaders are taxing us and squandering the plunder on massive free lunches and propping up enemy countries to the tune of hundreds of billions of fiat dollars.

I'm sad to say, you ain't seen nothing yet. History is going to repeat itself again in the not to distant future.
Old 08-22-2013, 03:31 AM   #40
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8269 Times on 4778 Posts
Likes Given: 10693

One need not look any farther than Walmart to see the decline of the standard of living in the USA. Sam Walton's dream was to bring godd quality products to the American shopper for a cheap price. Unfortunately he paid all of his attention to that and none whatsoever to raising his own kids. When Sam died his kids and their greed took over. That is the wealthiest family in the world today, and they have made it on the backs of the Walmart shopper and the underpaid employees who work there. The worst part is that their quality went to crap when they started getting all of their cheap crap from China and still charging the same prices. actually that's not the worst part. The worst part is that they sell a bunch of useled junk that nobody freaking needs, yet the stupid masses buy it up anyhow.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
People Like This