Dead Society......Damn. - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Dead Society......Damn.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2010, 04:00 AM   #31
jyo
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 18 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default dead-dead-dead

Scary---but probably true---the currency of the future will be ammo---stock up!

Old 12-19-2010, 09:25 AM   #32

Liked 9 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueNorth View Post
Cory,
I like where your heads at because you are declaring a need for change and not allowing yourself to fall victim to fear. "Spunk" or maybe "spirit" is what I'd call it. BUT I think you may have misinterpreted the video, and speaking for myself, the interpretation of the video.

- I did not take it as "spending is bad" and we are pushing for fear, but more so that mindless spending on well-marketed but ultimately non-beneficial consumer goods is bad.
- It's not that we should all horde our money, but that we should reduce our debt to secure our country's stability (Canada, or USA).
- Its not about ditching the other currencies of the world, but evolving our fiscal policy to reflect the new world.
- Most importantly, its about not depending on businesses or the market for everything down to wiping our butts. Don't get me wrong business and commerce is essential, its what made our countries strong, and it provides us with all the useful, and luxurious things that we have. But we should use those products by choice and not by necessity. Buy meat from a butcher, but know how to do it yourself. buy clothes from a store, but have a idea of how to make your own, in this way you are truly free! A free person is a person who has choice to do as they please. If you do not have the talent or knowledge to do anything on your own, then you are a slave (like the video people). Running through stores on sale days like dogs at a dinner table looking for scraps.

The point of the video was not about doom and gloom, but about reorganizing our priorities to remain strong and free: without debt, buying items of value to our survival/and not just luxury, and being self-sufficient at least in basics - giving people the ability to use business by choice and not necessity. Using business as a tool for our benefit and not a crutch to our destruction.
Although that isn't what i got from the video, if that is what it is saying than i agree with that.

There are certain things i think should be mandatory in the u.s. Basic survival and sustenance skills should be taught in school in my opinion. Like a dumbed down SERE or something. I also think that military service. or atleast jrotc should be madatory, but that falls into the list of "radical" idea's i have that would help the country but would not be cool either. As much as i think America would benifit i am against the government forcing people to do stuff.

The best hope we have for this country is children. Tech them right and teach them well. Thats all anyone can really do. I do my best to get my niece and nephews interested in politics and teach them the lessons i have learned. If everyone did this than the country would become a better place thats for sure.

Old 01-09-2011, 02:19 AM   #33

HERE IS NUMBER 2....

Old 01-09-2011, 09:58 AM   #34

I'm all behind the idea that the average US citizen is not what Thomas Jefferson believed we were capable of. I agree that their are serious issues with the materialism that once made America capable economically has run amok. The original video posted I was all behind. I, however, have two problems with this video. 1.) While a Sergeant, I always told my Soldiers that I didn't want to hear bitching unless a possible fix was part of the bitching. I hear a lot of rhetoric and fear mongering, but no ideas on how we can fix the situation. 2.) This sounds, to me, less like a "Final Warning", and more like an ad for those companies on TV that try to get you to buy gold from them. The answer to the issues is not presented. Only "The End Is Near" preaching. Either rally people to fight for the changes that you feel will save our nation, or rally them to prepare for the coming storm. I'm not trying to slam the poster for what he posted. I only urge people to be more proactive and less reactive in the affairs of our great republic.

"I'd rather die on my feet than to live on my knees." E. Zapata

Old 01-09-2011, 02:02 PM   #35
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

As an electoral body, we can:
1. Get behind Ron Paul to repeal the Federal Reserve Act of 1913 and abolish the Federal Reserve and return monetary control back to Congress;
2. Elect officials who will eliminate all social spending at least at the Federal level;
3. Elect officials who will get us out of Iraq and Afghanistan thus reducing the outrageous expenditure of two wars, neither of which have an exit strategy or clear definitions of goals or victory;
4. Elect officials who will open up access to energy-production in the U.S. including oil, coal, nuclear, etc.;
5. Elect officials who will eliminate our debt-based currency in favor of commodities-based currency;
6. Elect officials who will restructure or default on foreign debts;
7. Elect officials who will greatly reduce the tax burden on individuals and businesses to encourage entrepreneurs to do business here rather than overseas;
8. Elect officials who will greatly reduce onerous regulations in many areas while outlawing some existing financial mechanisms in use today (eg: fractional reserve lending, some derivatives-based financial devices);
9. Elect officials who will abolish many unconstitutional and inefficient government agencies and bureaucracies (eg: FDA, IRS, NEA, DOE, etc.);

As individuals, we can:
1. Pay off existing personal debt (secured and unsecured) and not accrue more debt -- buy only what you can afford;
2. Learn. Study our history, the Founders, and human history as far back as you can. Learn about Keynesian and Austrian economics. Learn as many practical things as you can (how to change your own brake pads, plugs, wires, hoses, how to diagnose an engine problem, how to wire a circuit, sweat a joint, hang a door jamb, drywall, fix a roof, etc.);
3. Have a one-year store of water, food, clothing (particularly if you have growing children), shoes, medical supplies, tools, fuel, firewood, etc.;
4. Become proficient in purifying your own water and acquiring your own food (hunting, fishing, growing), learn medical procedures, learn about medicinal qualities of plants that grow in your zone;
5. Diversify your wealth: back some wealth out of the stock market and put it in tangible commodities you keep in your possession. This can be metals, ammo, heirloom seeds...whatever;
6. Teach your children and grandchildren the necessity of being self-reliant and self-sufficient, re-learn those lost arts our grandparents knew and teach them to young people, and most importantly teach the young about right and wrong. We wouldn't be where we are today if we were morally grounded as a people.

The fiscal mess we face today is the result of about 50 years of reckless insanity. It can be fixed, but not without enough of the electorate reassuring politicians that this is what we want. A very high percent of the American populace is on the dole in one way or another. It is impossible for an individual to get elected on the campaign promise to take away hand-outs for the electorate unless the electorate understands the necessity of ending social spending. I don't see this happening, so it seems likely the system will ultimately come to a very bad end when it is forced to.

Old 01-10-2011, 02:35 AM   #36

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
As an electoral body, we can:
1. Get behind Ron Paul to repeal the Federal Reserve Act of 1913 and abolish the Federal Reserve and return monetary control back to Congress;
2. Elect officials who will eliminate all social spending at least at the Federal level;
3. Elect officials who will get us out of Iraq and Afghanistan thus reducing the outrageous expenditure of two wars, neither of which have an exit strategy or clear definitions of goals or victory;
4. Elect officials who will open up access to energy-production in the U.S. including oil, coal, nuclear, etc.;
5. Elect officials who will eliminate our debt-based currency in favor of commodities-based currency;
6. Elect officials who will restructure or default on foreign debts;
7. Elect officials who will greatly reduce the tax burden on individuals and businesses to encourage entrepreneurs to do business here rather than overseas;
8. Elect officials who will greatly reduce onerous regulations in many areas while outlawing some existing financial mechanisms in use today (eg: fractional reserve lending, some derivatives-based financial devices);
9. Elect officials who will abolish many unconstitutional and inefficient government agencies and bureaucracies (eg: FDA, IRS, NEA, DOE, etc.);

As individuals, we can:
1. Pay off existing personal debt (secured and unsecured) and not accrue more debt -- buy only what you can afford;
2. Learn. Study our history, the Founders, and human history as far back as you can. Learn about Keynesian and Austrian economics. Learn as many practical things as you can (how to change your own brake pads, plugs, wires, hoses, how to diagnose an engine problem, how to wire a circuit, sweat a joint, hang a door jamb, drywall, fix a roof, etc.);
3. Have a one-year store of water, food, clothing (particularly if you have growing children), shoes, medical supplies, tools, fuel, firewood, etc.;
4. Become proficient in purifying your own water and acquiring your own food (hunting, fishing, growing), learn medical procedures, learn about medicinal qualities of plants that grow in your zone;
5. Diversify your wealth: back some wealth out of the stock market and put it in tangible commodities you keep in your possession. This can be metals, ammo, heirloom seeds...whatever;
6. Teach your children and grandchildren the necessity of being self-reliant and self-sufficient, re-learn those lost arts our grandparents knew and teach them to young people, and most importantly teach the young about right and wrong. We wouldn't be where we are today if we were morally grounded as a people.

The fiscal mess we face today is the result of about 50 years of reckless insanity. It can be fixed, but not without enough of the electorate reassuring politicians that this is what we want. A very high percent of the American populace is on the dole in one way or another. It is impossible for an individual to get elected on the campaign promise to take away hand-outs for the electorate unless the electorate understands the necessity of ending social spending. I don't see this happening, so it seems likely the system will ultimately come to a very bad end when it is forced to.
I'm all for the second list. I don't think there is any hope left in politics.

Old 01-10-2011, 03:55 PM   #37
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by wldennis View Post
I'm all for the second list. I don't think there is any hope left in politics.
Unfortunately, I think you're right; the American populace lacks the understanding of the magnitude of the problems and may not give up the freebies even if they did. That makes doing the other stuff all the more important.

Old 01-10-2011, 03:56 PM   #38
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1983 Times on 1074 Posts
Likes Given: 592

BKT; I like your list but add to it that fuel will be one of the 1st things to become unavailable. No fuel = no motorized vehicles. We have and ride bicycles. Last year I had 5kw of solar installed. My return without counting tax breaks is running 7-8%. A lot better than the bank was paying. If the grid fails, I could install a battery bank.
My wife and I are seniors and we live in a somewhat isolated desert community with a good lake for health reasons. We like to kayak and I fish from a kayak which requires no fuel. I can get them to the lake without a car. I dont know how much longer we could do that but we are in decent shape right now. We are too old to run out and buy a farm and I dont know if my wife could hande the necessary climate. Otherwise we would have retired to Idaho, Oregon or Washington. We would have to help keep the city alive.
Something overlooked or deliberately not publicized is the Mormon infrastructure in Utah and other enclaves. They are probably the most prepared people/group in the country. Emulating their preparedness practices would be recomended and a lot could be learned from their preparations. We are not Mormons but we admire their work ethic and preparedness.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."