Crow meat recipes?! - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Crow meat recipes?!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2013, 12:04 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 11 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF
If you're serious, Allegra makes a marinade called "game tame" you can buy it in a camouflage bottle at wal mart. Soak the bird in milk overnight, then wash it thoroughly. Rub game tame into the bird and let it sit in it for half an hour. Place on a rotisserie and as its cooking on the spit brush game tame on it every 5 minutes or so, or often enough to keep it wet.

I don't think we ever ate crow, but my brothers and I used to pop birds when we were in grade school and cook them like this every evening. My uncle taught us how to clean them and soak them and use the Rotisserie. Dad got an old fridge and put it in the garage for our "projects" cuz mom was tired of finding dead animals in her fridge. We didnt care what it was as long as it was big enough to make a decent snack for us we'd kill it skin it and eat it. With the game tame all the birds tasted pretty much the same. Which was actually pretty good. Pigeon and Dove taste better than most. Wood duck is the nectar of the Gods.

Only thing we didnt shoot was buzzard, skunk and armadillo for obvious reasons. But crow... I just don't remember shooting or eating any. But if we saw one close enough to pop we probably would have.
Lol! When my bf was a young child he used to trap blue jays and his mother would cook em and he'd eat them lol!!!!!!! I just find it sooo funny and cute. Lil hunters.

Old 09-15-2013, 05:42 AM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2250 Times on 1239 Posts
Likes Given: 294

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmallHands

Lol! When my bf was a young child he used to trap blue jays and his mother would cook em and he'd eat them lol!!!!!!! I just find it sooo funny and cute. Lil hunters.
Yep we ate blue jays for sure.

"...it is ...ALIVE!!!"

Old 09-15-2013, 05:51 AM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3861 Times on 2305 Posts
Likes Given: 3233

People eat crows? They are hunted over here for population control and farm damage. They are disposed of though. Still, if you must eat...

Old 09-15-2013, 05:52 AM   #24

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Humm? I think a Black Bird pie recipe calls for 4 and 20 Black Birds. I could not find a Blue Jay casserole recipe? It seems Paula Deens web page was down.

Old 09-27-2013, 04:28 AM   #25

Liked 24 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 160

I think I could stomach it provided I don't know what it is.

"THE SIERRA JUST HOTEL TANGO FOXTROT -OVER"

MALO PERICULOSAM LIBERTATEM QUAM QUIETUM SERVITIUM