Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Critique my bug out bag!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2012, 06:50 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 156 Times on 109 Posts
Likes Given: 171

I'll be posting an update video soon.

Grant me the victory over my foes and those that wish to harm me and mine. Let not my last thought be “ If only I had my gun” ; and Lord if today is truly the day that You call me home , Let me die in a pile of brass.

Old 11-08-2012, 07:54 AM   #32

Liked 113 Times on 84 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastmode986
I'll be posting an update video soon.
What's taking so long?

Old 11-08-2012, 09:12 AM   #33
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6675 Times on 4038 Posts
Likes Given: 7938

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudpupp View Post
What's taking so long?
He's out of state right now visiting his Mom.

Old 11-08-2012, 09:08 PM   #34

I'll try having it up today.

Old 11-08-2012, 09:41 PM   #35

Well I just went to check my videos, I made a video about things Obama did and some liberal looney posted a hate comment and probably reported me. When I try watching my video it says you do not have permission to access this request? anyone got any idea what happened? Looks like I gotta go back to the old channel
EDIT: posted it on my other channel. I'll just stick with this one, anyway here ya go.

Last edited by beastmode986; 11-08-2012 at 11:00 PM.

Old 11-08-2012, 11:31 PM   #36

Liked 321 Times on 206 Posts
Likes Given: 338

id get some Paracord to replace the twine.

Shelter is the first thing you need to survive out in the wilderness. Then Water, and lastly food. if you dont want to carry the weight of a tent, you can get by with a plastic tarp. With the twine or paracord you can make a shelter to keep the elements off of you. Water does get heavy to carry around, definitely get a water filter, Something like this that you can drink out of a toilet or gutter with:
http://www.amazon.com/Seychelle-Water-Filtration-Pure-Straw-Straw-Advanced/dp/B003U4PQ84/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1352420861&sr=8-7&keywords=water+survival+filter+straw
small enough to put on a keychain, or even better, something like this:
http://www.amazon.com/Seychelle-Filter-Purifier-Drinking-Standard/dp/B005FCTUEU/ref=pd_sbs_sg_22

Your tarp can also act as a catch basin for water in dry warmer climates. By pooling the water in the tarp you could drink for days.
and definitely a sleeping bag that is warm enough to sleep in temps in your area in the middle of the winter.

Does my bug out bag make my butt look big?

Last edited by AsSeenOnTV; 11-08-2012 at 11:36 PM.

Old 11-09-2012, 01:11 AM   #37

I have 50ft of para cord, I didn't show it? The contractor bags would be used in place of a tarp however I should probably just get a tarp ond hammock.

Old 11-09-2012, 01:31 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastmode986 View Post
I have 50ft of para cord, I didn't show it? The contractor bags would be used in place of a tarp however I should probably just get a tarp ond hammock.
There was a guy in a documentary that would use a tarp and a sleeping bag and rope and sleep in yellowstone in the dead of winter. Yellowstone is sub zero temps and with a warm enough bag, he easily survived the days it took to make the documentary. A tent is better, but adds much more weight. If you have forests in your area, you can easily make a lean to and do away without a tent.

And sorry, I didnt see the paracord, as I was kinda half watching it and doing homework at the same time.

Old 11-09-2012, 02:05 AM   #39
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 862 Times on 577 Posts
Likes Given: 1137

Beast,
Here's a couple of suggestions.

*Can you carry a pellet rifle or pistol? A Crosman All American Pellet Pistol can provide plenty of bird meals.

*Other devices such as a wrist rocket,or a sling or even a blow pipe can provide protein. (requires practice.)

Get rid of all your aerosol cans . Replace with lotions and pastes, provides more space, more product,and require no propellent for application. ie less failure.

*Get some literature on bush craft. making fuzz sticks, outlaw ovens, snares etc.

*My favorite self made fire tender. Go to the Pharmacy get those 2 inch round flat cotton applicators . Get some Gulf Wax (canning section) or a large candle that have the saints on them.Double boil the wax to liquid and dip in the cotton pads and let them dry. Carry in a pringle can or whatever.

*Next to my Bolo Knife my favorite tool to have for a "bug out" is a Eastwing rock hammer. It has a square hammer face and a elongated spike on the other end. One of the many uses for that hammer is that spike will breech a gasoline tank quick if the need arises.

*You need to include a bottle of Multi-Vitamins,a bottle of ibuprofen, a bottle of benadryl,and a bottle of cloveoil or ambesol.

*You should have a couple of razor blades or exacto's, tweezers, curve needle and a small roll of unwaxed floss in your med kit

Become steel or get cut.

Old 11-09-2012, 02:24 AM   #40

And if you require any special medicines, or supplements, stock them now, in hard times they will be gone off the shelves. Same for contacts, solution, etc.