Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Cricket 22 for survival

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2012, 03:12 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

I think a stock cricket will work better holds more in stock

Old 02-18-2012, 12:50 AM   #12

Take a look at the Marlin Papoose.

Old 02-18-2012, 01:00 AM   #13

Liked 225 Times on 140 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwalka
I think a stock cricket will work better holds more in stock
Well the tubular stock on the pack rifle kit is indeed hollow,but is suppose to be a ultra lightweight ultra compact design for backpacking. It would serve my purposes better than a stock cricket due to packability and the adavantage of the low weight,and that the spaced and weight saved by getting rid of the factory stock and barrel would allow for more storage than the factory stock. Just my opinuon,but as always YMMV.

Old 02-18-2012, 02:21 PM   #14

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

But that is a sweet kit

Old 03-22-2012, 02:08 AM   #15

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Default I Broke Down and Bought a Break Down

Thanks for the info JStrong. At this point I finally broke down and ordered that Cricket-based Ruta Locura Pack Rifle Kit. I know, I KNOW! It gets worse -- I ordered their sling and case too. Maybe it'll only be a collectible someday, but...

I am a fan of the underated .22 Mag and the kit is, indeed, available in that chambering (even more pricey than the .22 was). But I'm the guy who bought one of the first North American Arms Mini-Masters (went back for early machining/QC failures) for backpacking. And I was the first to have these 4" barreled/5-shot/adjustable sight/11 oz. stainless .22 Magnum-frame revolvers customized by them for a fluted 22 LR cylinder as well and wrote about it at the time. Today, convertible options are standard. Anyway...

The things that put me over-the-top on the PRK at this time were the fact that the seller is out of stock on the .22 LR version and I had the cash for the other. Next, I just called my regular gun guy and ordered the least expensive .22 Mag Cricket, hopefully something ugly on sale as not caring what the stock looks like, that he could find for me.

naa-mini-master.jpg  

Last edited by HockaLouis; 03-22-2012 at 11:40 AM.

Old 03-22-2012, 02:13 AM   #16
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5302 Times on 2768 Posts
Likes Given: 334

depends on what sort of survival your talking about.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 03-22-2012, 02:19 AM   #17

Liked 225 Times on 140 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis
Thanks for the info JStrong. At this point I finally broke down and ordered that Cricket-based Ruta Locura Pack Rifle Kit. I know, I KNOW! It gets worse -- I ordered their sling and case too. Maybe it'll only be a collectible someday, but...

I am a big fan of the underated .22 Mag and the kit is, indeed, available in that chambering (even more pricey than the .22 was). But I'm the guy who bought one of the first North American Arms Mini-Masters (went back for early machining/QC failures) and had the first of these 4" barreled/5-shot/adjustable sight/11 oz. stainless .22 Magnum-frame revolvers I bought for backpacking customized by them for a fluted 22 LR cylinder as well, and wrote about it at the time. Today, convertible options are standard.

The things that put me over-the-top on the PRK at this time were the fact that the seller is out of stock on the .22 LR version and I had the cash for the other. Next, I just called my regular gun guy and ordered the least expensive .22 Mag Cricket, hopefully something ugly on sale as not caring what the stock looks like, that he could find for me.
Let me know how that kit setup works out,I'd love to hear firsthand what someone who actually has it thinks of it.ive been flirting with the idea of going that route for a while now for a pack rifle. A good review may send me over the edge

Old 04-04-2012, 04:14 AM   #18

I have a cricket for my 7 year old son. It is compact. The short barrel and stock combinations makes it weird to shoot as an adult. It only shoots one round at a time and is not fast to reload. Simple design but not well built. Not my choice for survival.

Old 04-04-2012, 07:04 AM   #19
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7789 Times on 4499 Posts
Likes Given: 10036

Any gun is ideal. Meaning a gun versus no gun. A Cricket would be just perfect, you can get game with it, ammo is cheap and doesn't weigh much. Beats the crap out of a sharp stick in a fair fight.

Old 04-05-2012, 01:48 AM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1073 Times on 694 Posts
Likes Given: 2000

I small light weight .22 is better than no .22 but if I had to depend on a .22 for survival I would want the best I could get. That means long barrel, accurate, detachable scope, and good iron sights. I would really hate to think I was going to depend on a cricket, but again that would be better than nothing (assuming it will shoot decent groups).