Concealment - Page 5
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Concealment

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2011, 06:38 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 10 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Ploof, its a good question that you are asking, and I'm not a camo expert, but it seems like several posters have given you your answer already.

The names of the camos don't sound like names, but "Realtree", or "Woodland, Fall" ARE the names of the camo print types. All major brands will carry a version of "Mossy Oak" or "Summer Woodland" or somesuch. I odn't know if certain brands are better, but the woody names that you have been given are the names that you should research.

Now, if you want the military camo, like cadpat etc, well that's totally different, but frankly you'd probably be better off with civilian hunting gear, unless you plan on facing off with soldiers. It's cheaper, and you might even get away with wearing it in public if its hunting season.

Uhm... you say north america, woodland, - that will change season by season - obviously get a winter woodland for winter and a summer one for summer.

The best place to ask these questions and to see side by side is not online in a forum. Go to an outdoor/hunting retailer and look at their gear and talk to the store people. They can probably help you. The gear they sell will probably be good for the local area that they are in! SO if you live near the store, the gear will be for your area.

Hopefully this clears it up.

"Government is not the solution to our problem. Government is the problem."
- Ronald Reagan

Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.
- Publius Cornelius Tacitus

"We are the people that we have been waiting for."
-Unknown-

"No Compromise"
Canada's National Firearms Association

Old 09-12-2011, 04:50 PM   #42
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Go soft and quiet. Buy several pair of assorted color sweat pants and shirts at Walmart. Get colors that most match your area of operation. You can mix and match tops and bottoms. If you need all the pockets of BDU's, sew some on. Bleach tie dye them and you have cheap instant camo for the area your in. Spooks and operators have used this for years.

Old 09-13-2011, 07:16 AM   #43
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8965 Times on 5209 Posts
Likes Given: 11784

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ploofy View Post
Name one of the patterns. If it's within 100 yards, it'll be easy to get to and I can build my movements along where it'd work.
I so cannot help you. You can't actually order the "right" camo online. Camouflage is not so much about the pattern, the print or the color as it is how you use it. If you expect to be able to walk through a woodland forest in woodland camo undetected you will end up dead if you are the prey. On the other hand I can sit there in my khakis and a T-shirt waiting for a deer to come by and the deer becomes the prey.

In my experience the best camo is anything that blends in. I wear surplus military gear, different commercial stuff, what have you, but the most important thing is that whatever I am wearing either blends in and/or it breaks up any patterns. That is all there is to it. Blend in and break up.

Then there is this guy