Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Colorado Preppers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2013, 04:48 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 99 Times on 65 Posts

Default Colorado Preppers

Was just wondering how the preppers in Colorado are doing? How many had to bug out due to the floods and landslides. If they stayed what would they change and if they bugged out was their bag appropiate for the situation.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-16-2013, 12:10 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5453 Times on 2846 Posts
Likes Given: 350

well we do know one thing...

their bunkers are all full of water.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 09-16-2013, 01:18 AM   #3

I bet but maybe those guys up there thought about floods. Hoping to hear from some of them for information the rest of us could use.

Old 09-16-2013, 01:25 AM   #4

From what I understand that same storm that hit them came through the desert where I at. It rained for 3 days. It also knocked out 60 power poles leaving leaving us without water for one day and power for 3 days. Lucky for us I had just bought a outdoor raincatcher for the eves of the house which help out with water for flushing the toilets and washing all our towels due to the back porch flooding from someone leaving the back door open. Was also lucky that I had a generator and stored gas.

Old 09-16-2013, 01:39 AM   #5

Liked 460 Times on 267 Posts
Likes Given: 22

I think these storms are headed over here to the Midwest since we're finally supposed to have some rain all this week here in oklahoma. It's that or from this hurricane storm coming in

Old 09-16-2013, 01:50 AM   #6

Liked 1761 Times on 982 Posts
Likes Given: 1161

So much for all the idiots that think we are all fanatics for being prepared. It is not flooded where I am. But I am sure there are a lot of people wishing they had a bug out bag right about now. A couple MREs, and some sleeping bags would go a long way in a situation like this. An inflatable boat with a set of oars could be a life saver too.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 09-16-2013, 04:01 AM   #7

Yea I'm glad I have a bug out bag. But I'm even happier that I did some prepping this past year. It was well worth it. Living out here in the desert I'm pretty much staying put unless my house collapse.

Old 09-17-2013, 08:34 PM   #8
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1799 Times on 979 Posts
Likes Given: 556

My wife and I just got back from Lake Powell. The water is very low but coming up from the storm in Colorado. It came up 3' in the last week. Consider that they were dropping 1 foot a day, that is a lot of water. We can go 2 weeks in the motorhome without hookups. That could be stretched in an emergency. RV's make good survival units if you keep them fueled up and ready to go. You can load fresh water if you see something coming or keep a sealed supply to put in after the fact. Solar would add some power if you can get sunshine but we used about 1 gallon of gas a day on the 5500 watt generator while dry camped for 2 weeks. A smaller generator like a Honda 2000 would use less if you were careful with your usage. In a survival setting the Honda 2000 would be plenty of power for an RV. If you dont care about the noise there are lots of inexpensive small generators out there that will do a good job in an emergency.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

TLuker Likes This 
Old 09-17-2013, 11:49 PM   #9

Yea one thing about buying a generater is people usually go as big as they can. But what they don't realize is the bigger you go the more gas you use. I bought an 8000 watt generator and it used 6 gallons every 12 hours. Doesn't sound too bad but when the power is off for 3 or more days, it gets expensive. Usually the only thing your running is you fridge, freezer, fans and lights. I could have gotten a 3600 watt and used less gas and still run what I ran.