Collapse of America - Page 5
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum >

Collapse of America

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2013, 03:43 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 283 Times on 204 Posts
Likes Given: 192

Chain, have to agree man. Thats raw truth.

Ive seen the slums of other countries including Rio De Janiero.....you think we are on the brink of a meltdown and times are tough NOW? I saw young kids rummaging the streets at night looking for recyclables in the trashcans to make a few pennies. Ribs protruding, teeth rotted, arms and legs as skinny as the commercials you see on late night tv.......and they were STILL smiling.

There is some warranted concern about the future of the country but some people are so freaking wacked out on this issue of doomsday and the burning of Rome. Give me a freaking break
locutus Likes This 
Old 04-19-2013, 04:36 AM   #42
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1733 Times on 901 Posts
Likes Given: 3667

But it sure aint looking good. I think the best of times are behind us.

Old 04-19-2013, 05:25 AM   #43

Liked 4795 Times on 2681 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

I bet people who were driving horses and wagons said, "The best days are behind us". Then Henry Ford sold them a car. I bet people dying from infections said, "The best days are behind us". And Pasteur found antibiotics.
The best days are always ahead for human beings. That is how our race survives.

Old 04-19-2013, 04:31 PM   #44
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1963 Times on 1255 Posts
Likes Given: 4435

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessSteel215 View Post
Chain, have to agree man. Thats raw truth.

Ive seen the slums of other countries including Rio De Janiero.....you think we are on the brink of a meltdown and times are tough NOW? I saw young kids rummaging the streets at night looking for recyclables in the trashcans to make a few pennies. Ribs protruding, teeth rotted, arms and legs as skinny as the commercials you see on late night tv.......and they were STILL smiling.

There is some warranted concern about the future of the country but some people are so freaking wacked out on this issue of doomsday and the burning of Rome. Give me a freaking break
When I was little I walked up and down the roads to get bottles to turn in for .05 or .10 cents. I was a teenager the first time I ever went to a dentist, and that visit was long overdue. I remember heating water on the stove for a bath because there wasn't enough money to fix the hot water heater. I remember cooking beans on a wood stove and heating hot water for a bath because there wasn't enough money for power. I never had it as bad the kids you're talking about but I know what it's like to be broke. I also know way to many people that still struggle to keep the power on.

As an adult I've been blessed and I haven't had to worry about money, but I did get a wake up call 4 years ago. I suddenly got very sick and started passing out. Then I got to where I couldn't keep food down and I dropped 40 pounds in just over a month. I finally figured out part of the problem was my gail bladder and had it removed (it was four more years before I learned that I was also allergic to red meat). I worked through that entire episode but I had to be out of work for a week when my gail bladder was removed. I was laid off from work the week after I got back from surgery, and I was still passing out and had a lot of other problems. I ended up being out of work for 2 years.

I was very lucky in that I was prepared financially for hard times before that 2 year period, but it was a serious wake up call. I found out first hand just how quickly things can change. I also found out first hand just how important it is to be prepared for hard times. So yes I take this stuff pretty serious, but I am not fanatical about it. I'm not all doom and gloom by any means, but I'm still going to be as prepared as I can be for as much as I can be.

As for the country, I'm not liking what I see right now. As a nation we are living beyond our means and eventually that bill is going to come due. We are investing in the wrong things and common sense seems to have been lost by most. This probably isn't going to turn out well? I don't think things are going to end all Mad Max, but I plan on being as prepared as I can be just in case they do.

Old 04-19-2013, 05:18 PM   #45

Liked 143 Times on 89 Posts
Likes Given: 43

I don't believe the US will crash because of anything the Prez can do but I am scared shipless about the reliance of our nation and the world on the internet. Crash the internet and we have no power, no fuel, no money and those in the cities will have no food. Within days there will be burning, looting and riots. That said to address the fact that an armed society is hard to take over... with no ammo we are reduced to crowds with expensive clubs.

Old 04-21-2013, 01:27 AM   #46
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 8012 Times on 4383 Posts
Likes Given: 7763

It's morning in America!

Ronaldus Magnus

Or at least they did before political correctness

Old 04-21-2013, 06:11 PM   #47

Liked 53 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 2

"It'll never happen here because that can never happen here. "

What a crock!

It can happen here, don't kid yourself. Read history. We are doomed to repeat it. This country will eventually fall.

Open your eyes or be part of the problem with your heads in the sand. You're exactly what the progressives count on.... Thinking everything is fine and always will be.

Old 04-21-2013, 08:20 PM   #48
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 8012 Times on 4383 Posts
Likes Given: 7763

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12fretter View Post
"It'll never happen here because that can never happen here. "

What a crock!

It can happen here, don't kid yourself. Read history. We are doomed to repeat it. This country will eventually fall.

Open your eyes or be part of the problem with your heads in the sand. You're exactly what the progressives count on.... Thinking everything is fine and always will be.

Probably so. But not within the life time of anyone living today.

In my vsalue system, being a bit too optimistic is far better than allowing oneself to be overly pessimistic..

Or at least they did before political correctness

Old 04-21-2013, 09:01 PM   #49

Liked 1617 Times on 945 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
You probably have a roof over your head, a comfortable bed in a secure community, plenty to eat, and enough leisure time to wast on the internet. What do you mean the country is too broken to fix. You want to see broken, look to Rwanda or Somailia.

The biggest problem with this country right now is it is full of adolescent whiners, of all ages, who wouldn't know broken if it bit them in the ass.
Sure, I do..My father in law built the house with wood taken from trees on this land. Just like every other building on the property. We raise chickens, cattle, two greenhouses, and a few gardens. because relying on other people is just not all that smart. It's safe because of how it was built and where. As well as taking steps to deal with security in house. See, we don't have police and the like out here. I have not seen a cop car within a few miles of this place in I can't remember how long. People here tend to deal with things in house out here. Maybe that's why I have such a trouble blindly accepting that the feds will take good care of us. Being they are doing such a bang up job with things like employment and the economy. But that's Bush's fault I guess..Still. But I guess we are just a bunch of nut jobs because we choose to live more self sufficient and live believing we are responsible for ourselves. I think it's a little more crazy to believe that the feds will always take care of you and they always have your best interest at heart. I mean, governments never get ou tof hand. It's not liek that's ever happened before.

Government has not given us anything. We built it...We maintain it. Sure people here have jobs, there's roads, etc. But it all goes to hell tomorrow we'll do OK. Got food, got fresh water, and have a way to protect it.

Now on to other stuff I'm reading here. Why is it so many of you zombie detractors take the term so literally? I'm sure people are not thinking the undead will pop out and start eating brains. It's just a metaphor. See, many think all the good civilized city folk will be getting hungry and Uncle Sam might not have any more paper to feed the press what's next? Can it not happen here? Why would we be exempt? Economies collapse governments fail, it's happened many times in history. Now I"m sure there are plenty of XBox playing airheads but this is not the majority of people that might use the zombie metaphor. The idea that one might take this term literally actually both cracks me up and makes me a little sad. But sheep do tend to just not pay attention to much other than the little piece of grass they are munching on. Someone will be along to give them some more.
iwolfe Likes This