Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Collapse of America

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2013, 09:18 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

I am Damn glad our Forefathers didn't fade before the first British Musket Ball slammed home. This nation has with stood attacks by the largest powers in the world and civil strife.
We have had some very weak Presidents and the Nation survives. Andrew Jackson took on the Banking system, Oh so long ago. And now we have Americans fearing a down fall and a lost Nation.
The good news is most of us do not really believe that an out of work Chicago Social worker and his pals can end this country. These idiots will pass into history and America will continue to move forward. Americans are not losers have faith.

Old 04-09-2013, 09:32 PM   #32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5467 Times on 3100 Posts
Likes Given: 4742

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessSteel215 View Post
I think far too many people out there (both young and old) almost WANT an economic collapse to happen....to fulfill their twisted zombie apocalypse/Call of Duty fantasies and go out in a blaze of glory. Just my $.02

I kinda figured that you would see though this.

Sometimes the Zombie Apocalypse folks here scare me as much as Shumer and Fine-Swine.

Blaze of glory???? Right! Easy to dream about if you've never been shot at.

Golda Meier.

Old 04-10-2013, 11:12 AM   #33

Liked 92 Times on 66 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by towboater
GWB ain't president now. My biggest fault with Bush was the patriot act.
Obama makes GWB look good.
Maybe I don't fully understand the patriot act but to me it falls along the line that if you have nothing to hide, then so what? Ideally, I'd hope when bush was in office it was used for good and not on common citizens.

Now as far as all this shtf that could happen, will happen someday, how is it going to be a problem? If the government is the cause of the problem by criminalizing out constitution and enacting crazy ass laws, then why the hell would they need the patriot act to spy on "terrorists"? (People such as us, terrorists defined only by the oppressor). They wouldn't be following laws anyway so the patriot act would be null and void in my opinion.

Old 04-10-2013, 02:48 PM   #34

Liked 87 Times on 66 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessSteel215 View Post
I think far too many people out there (both young and old) almost WANT an economic collapse to happen....to fulfill their twisted zombie apocalypse/Call of Duty fantasies and go out in a blaze of glory. Just my $.02
Self fulfilling profacy. I think you hit the nail on the head. I guess some people can't stand to live in an organised society. Either that or totally paranoid.

Old 04-10-2013, 03:17 PM   #35

Liked 282 Times on 204 Posts
Likes Given: 192

When you have a wife and family....and are responsible for raising a child in a world where bad things are already happening daily....you do your BEST to give them all the resources and reasons to live good, long, healthy lives. And it forces you to be the best contributing citizen you can be.

Did I once have a fantasy of blowing up zombies and rescuing friends and family from droves of the undead....or protecting my post from waves of roving gang members using my tactical rifle dumping hundreds of rounds? Sure, when I was a teenager maybe. People need to wake up, contribute to society and never give a REASON for wanting the country to meltdown so they can retreat to their bunkers and blast anything in sight in their proximity.

We are a free nation that thrives by laws, morals, and ethics. We cannot survive any other way.

Old 04-18-2013, 10:19 PM   #36
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5467 Times on 3100 Posts
Likes Given: 4742

[QUOTE=

We are a free nation that thrives by laws, morals, and ethics. We cannot survive any other way.[/QUOTE]

Watch it buddy. "They" are going to call you a liberal sell out like they call me.

Golda Meier.

Old 04-18-2013, 11:54 PM   #37
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 438 Times on 265 Posts
Likes Given: 147

There will be no collapse. No one is going to take our guns away. No one is trying to take our rights away and no one has lost any rights.

You don't have to remember the truth
NRA Member

Old 04-19-2013, 12:09 AM   #38

Liked 1281 Times on 803 Posts
Likes Given: 308

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmithKid308 View Post
It would take a huge event like the gun ban, or a state seceding from the rest of America which is a constitutional right, and if this does happen what could the like minded people on this site use to identify each other such as the patriots did in the revolution?
What makes you think that secession is a Constitutional right? Did you ever hear of the American Civil War. That issue has been settled.

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Old 04-19-2013, 12:17 AM   #39

Liked 1281 Times on 803 Posts
Likes Given: 308

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
The Country may well be too broken to fix at this point and I have no idea what may come.
You probably have a roof over your head, a comfortable bed in a secure community, plenty to eat, and enough leisure time to wast on the internet. What do you mean the country is too broken to fix. You want to see broken, look to Rwanda or Somailia.

The biggest problem with this country right now is it is full of adolescent whiners, of all ages, who wouldn't know broken if it bit them in the ass.

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

People Like This 
Old 04-19-2013, 12:52 AM   #40
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1808 Times on 982 Posts
Likes Given: 557

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
You probably have a roof over your head, a comfortable bed in a secure community, plenty to eat, and enough leisure time to wast on the internet. What do you mean the country is too broken to fix. You want to see broken, look to Rwanda or Somailia.

The biggest problem with this country right now is it is full of adolescent whiners, of all ages, who wouldn't know broken if it bit them in the ass.
Yes! Take a good look. That may well be coming to a neighborhood near you. There is no magic wand or genie in a bottle. We have to get out of this ourselves and I stated the course that has to be taken. I dont see that course being taken by Obama. He is just digging a deeper hole. Deep enough to bury 310 million Americans. Instead of working on the economy he has diverted our attention to gun control. He is very good at diverting our attention away from the real problems and not addressing them.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

towboater Likes This